Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as some on here know, I enjoy motocamping and well this past weekend I went to Detroit Bike Week. I took a pick of my gear all packed up, and wanted to share incase some others have wondered about what all they could get on their bike. There were a few things I have taken, but left behind for this trip since they were not really needed. List of gear also included in this post.

• 3 person dome tent
  • 5'6" x 7'6" all purpose tarp
  • 15'2" x 19'6" reflective tarp
  • self inflating sleeping pad
  • sleep bag
  • pillow
  • hatchet
  • 6 can cooler
  • 100 ft of rope
  • extra battery
  • extra selenoid
  • tire repair Slime
  • air compressor
  • tool
  • 2 12ft extention cords
  • battery charger
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • extra pair of shoes
  • 3 t-shirts
  • 1 hoodie
  • my jacket
  • water jug
  • rain gear
  • bath suppies
  • phone charger
  • flashlight
  • grill stick
  • fire starter
  • I'm sure there are other things I'm missing on the list

·
Registered
196 Posts
That looks like a pretty complete camping setup you have there. I go a bit more sparten when I camp off the bike.
I haven't been able to get more than an over night in the past few years though. When the kids are older I hope to be able to get out for longer again.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Nicely done !
Looks to be like another great adventure this weekend
EDIT: I miss my tank bag...(sun & age got to it).
:smiley_th

So as some on here know, I enjoy motocamping and well this past weekend I went to Detroit Bike Week. I took a pick of my gear all packed up, and wanted to share incase some others have wondered about what all they could get on their bike. There were a few things I have taken, but left behind for this trip since they were not really needed. List of gear also included in this post.

• 3 person dome tent
  • 5'6" x 7'6" all purpose tarp
  • 15'2" x 19'6" reflective tarp
  • self inflating sleeping pad
  • sleep bag
  • pillow
  • hatchet
  • 6 can cooler
  • 100 ft of rope
  • extra battery
  • extra selenoid
  • tool
  • 2 12ft extention cords
  • battery charger
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • extra pair of shoes
  • 3 t-shirts
  • 1 hoodie
  • my jacket
  • water jug
  • rain gear
  • bath suppies
  • phone charger
  • flashlight
  • grill stick
  • fire starter
  • I'm sure there are other things I'm missing on the list

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Doc did almost the same...and even had a spare tire and rim.....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Pretty snazzy. Not too far off of the setup I had on my Trip last month.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like a pretty complete camping setup you have there. I go a bit more sparten when I camp off the bike.
Well you know a gal must have her stuff even when we ride ;)

Nicely done !
Looks to be like another great adventure this weekend
EDIT: I miss my tank bag...(sun & age got to it).
:smiley_th
It was a great adventure, the tank bag I have is awesome, it's a T-Bags bag and there is actually a map pouch I just didn't take along the trip this time.

Girl! Now that is a bag you have on the back!! Hope you had a good time at bike week.:motorcycl
That sissybar back is a Saddlemen bag with duffle roll. It's great cause it has locking buckles and is something like 38 cubic inch not counting the duffle roll.

Doc did almost the same...and even had a spare tire and rim.....
Wow Spare tire now that's impressive! I don't worry about the spare tire cause I carry a repair kit, forgot to mention them at first, but I added them to the list.

Pretty snazzy. Not too far off of the setup I had on my Trip last month.
That's awesome, if you were closer we could do some motocamping

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Maybe we need to change the name of your bike to mule. That is an impressive amount of stuff you got on there. When I camp I carry far far less.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe we need to change the name of your bike to mule. That is an impressive amount of stuff you got on there. When I camp I carry far far less.
You know I've been thinking the same thing. Not too sure if I like mule lol but a name change is becoming more required.

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
...Daaaaaayumn...I'm impressed! There is absolutely no way I could fit all that on my bike since I did the seat swap, so I'm going to have to get creative when I go camping! Well done! :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yep, you can get a lot on the bike if you are going camping...

Back view fully loaded.

Front with tent setup.

Did 3000+ miles on last years trip riding like this. And read to go again next week. I keep the tent, sleeping bag and lighter stuff behind the sissybar and my pack on the seat to help with the handling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts