Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have most of my parts to put my motor back together (waiting on the stator from TPE).
I need to put the front bevel gear case back on and have a question about lube for the Cam Damper. I did a search on what type of sealer to put on the Gear Case Gasket and from what I found was that NO sealer was needed because the Gear Case doesn't receive oil when the motor is running.
Is this correct? If so should I apply Moly paste to the Cam Damper?
The factory manual wasn't much help. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Guy

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Finally have most of my parts to put my motor back together (waiting on the stator from TPE).
I need to put the front bevel gear case back on and have a question about lube for the Cam Damper. I did a search on what type of sealer to put on the Gear Case Gasket and from what I found was that NO sealer was needed because the Gear Case doesn't receive oil when the motor is running.
Is this correct? If so should I apply Moly paste to the Cam Damper?
The factory manual wasn't much help. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Guy
The bevel gear gets plenty of oil when the engine is running, do not install untill the engine is back in the frame.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do not install untill the engine is back in the frame.
Even if I have the rear swing arm off?

I took swing arm off while it was down to re-paint what the old crappy non-AGM battery took off (I should have listened to you guys/gals sooner than when I did).:doh:

OK then High Tack on that gasket too?

Thanks for the reply.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
yep high tack on all the gaskets i use about 2 coats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts