Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm replacing my stator and r/r for the third time (thank good for the tuxedo mod). I keep buying caltrics which I've gotten about 1200 and 1500 miles from for the last two. I've heard similar numbers from "better" stators. All I've done is relocate the r/r so far. This time around, I'm gonna do the blue wire mod and two wire mod. I'll report back when that fails and possibly get the shindengen r/r (may get that before the next failure).

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
I would get the new R/R first. I suspect yours is killing stators, they should last a lot longer.

The wire mods relieve a little bit of the electrical load on the generating system but not much.

A new MOSFET R/R wastes less energy heating itself up so tends to last longer, they also seem to have less destructive failure modes. When my old style died it basically put stator voltage directly across the battery.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a cycletronics stator and a mosfet r/r. I'd get the series SH-775 35amp or the SH-847 50amp which ever you decide on. Go to Roadstercycle.com and read up on them. Stator info is at Cycletronics.Hub.biz Good luck

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
When I checked out cycletronics two years ago, they were rewinding their own stators. If they're still doing this, should be safe to say it's not some Chinese made part.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They wind their own stators. They are very confident about their work. I talked to them before I purchased it an the guy said they haven't had any returns. I read somewhere that this guy use to work for Tim Parrot before he went out of business. The stator he sold me, I would say is heavy duty. My Blanche puts out 14.38 volts at 1100RPMS. I'm using a FH- o20AA Shindegen R/R. Just ordered a SH-775 should be here 10/18/19. This should fix "Blanche" for sure.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Catric stators last as long as any when not overloaded. Reduce load, no issue. Ran one for a year as an experiment and was working when i took it out replaced it with a ricks that holds 14v at idle and the ricks is as good as any factory stator (that people complain about when it blows and it’s 20 years old and has 30k on it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts