Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got done 'trying' to replace my throttle cables...

the ones I got where supposed to fit.. and they do, sorta. the inner cable is about 1/2" too long, and there isn't enough adjustment available to take up the slack.

also, I will note: some makers are saying the 2 cables are the same, other than the metal bar at the handle bar end for securing the other cable in place... they are also slightly different lengths. It seems the pull cable is shorter than the push cable. not a lot, maybe 1/2"..

so, back on with the old crap thats gonna leave me stranded until I can get another set.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Sounds like sticking to Kawasaki parts for the cables might be the way to go. I need a new set, so thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, just got done 'trying' to replace my throttle cables...

the ones I got where supposed to fit.. and they do, sorta. the inner cable is about 1/2" too long, and there isn't enough adjustment available to take up the slack.

also, I will note: some makers are saying the 2 cables are the same, other than the metal bar at the handle bar end for securing the other cable in place... they are also slightly different lengths. It seems the pull cable is shorter than the push cable. not a lot, maybe 1/2"..

so, back on with the old crap thats gonna leave me stranded until I can get another set.
You could get longer adjusting screws made up, may help, an engineering firm may be able to run a couple up!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could get longer adjusting screws made up, may help, an engineering firm may be able to run a couple up!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
thats more effort than I am willing to go thru, for just a couple of plain throttle cables.

Now, if it was a custom cable for an unusual application, it might be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts