Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a 1990 750 from a dealership with about 16,000 miles on it. I have a concern though, and I was curious if anyone could answer my question.

I beleive I have a CA model with all of the emissions control stuff. However, in the Clymer's manual for the bike, it seems to show "air hoses" going to the cylinders. The "evaporative emission system vent lines" for the fuel tank come out the back of the tank and head under the seat like the manual seems to show for the CA model (I think) and there are the "air hose" inlets on the cylinders, but the actual hoses are missing. What's the deal with that? Is it something I should be worried about or is everything peachy? I'm not sure about the condition of the rest of the emission stuff on the bike. It seems to run really well when its running, but its a beast to start when the bike is warm. I think the charging system might have a problem as well. I'm having the dealer look at the charging system and as to why the bike is so hard to start (it cranks and cranks and back fires a lot and finally catches after quite a bit of cranking with the engine warm (I followed the manual with no choke, slight throttle, and push the starter)) but I wonder if the missing air hoses have anything to do with the problem?

Thank you
Ben

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I've actually got a similar related question (hopefully both of ours can be answered in the same post)

I have a CA emissions tank from a 93 on my 85 VN700 that replaced the original (IE. not in good condition) tank, I remember way back someone told me to cap off one of the tubes on the back of the tank and run a breather hose from the other....though I can't remember which one to cap off!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading around and it seems that some people just block the hoses off anyway, as the hoses feed air into the exhaust pipe, adding a "popping" noise. So apparently, they aren't too important over all, unless I'm mistaken. I might just end up blocking them off all together in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts