Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I now know what a vn750 or in my case 700 is supposed to run like! After doing alot of reading and asking I think I now have this thing running like it's supposed to and boy does it feel good!
All I can say is thanks to all of you for the advice on the Marbling, and Seafoam, MF Battery and voltmeter, Carbs, Cleaning contacts at junction box and R/R etc..etc.. as well as the headlight relay and fan relay and other wiring issues, I've now done all that minus the stator rebuild LOL and hope it runs like this for a while and won't have to do anything else except find this darn oil leak I have under my engine. It runs like a new bike now thanks to all of you. :pepper::motorcycl:rockon::beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Enjoy the ride.

I owe many on the forum for what I've done to my ride. Never worked on a bike in my life and with the good information and step by step instructions, everything I've done has been a snap. Coastering, MF battery, Spline Lube, ignition switch diagnosis and repair, and the list goes on and on......

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i did the marbling and 20 min later i blew the seal in the back of the front bevel case any suggestions y i feel the pressure from blocking the reedvalves caused way to much oil pressure

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
i did the marbling and 20 min later i blew the seal in the back of the front bevel case any suggestions y i feel the pressure from blocking the reedvalves caused way to much oil pressure
Interesting..... I say this because the reed valves have nothing to do with the oil pump or any type of oil function. It is designed to allow air into the exhaust to burn the excess fuel only. Crappy timing????

Peace :beerchug:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Get some sleep! Dont do your first post at 2:00 am! :zzz:

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Get some sleep! Dont do your first post at 2:00 am! :zzz:
Just being fare now, he could be living in Hawaii and then it would only be 9:30pm there. Seebeeare, when was the last time you changed the oil and filter on your bike? If one was to add to much oil it would blow that gasket easily enough. I would replace the gasket, throw the filter away, drain all oil and start fresh using the recommended amount as to spec.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also believe they are Un-related. May have just happened at the same time.

The reeds only allow air into the exhaust to burn off extra fuel for the EPA dudes. Makes it more rich and rids the popping.

I too noticed an oil leak at the same time but mine was due to loose bolts and bad gaskets. Things work loose on V-twins quicker than inlines. Just makes sure things are tight and replace the gasket and you should be fine :smiley_th

And one more thing WELCOME TO THE MADDNESS!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agee with you: reed valves have no relationship with oil circuit...
For the oil leak, I had one, due to too tight oil filter mounting. After changing the oil filter, with the proper tightening, the leak was gone.

·
Super Moderator
11,995 Posts

And you guys give me crap for hijacking a thread....lol

Hey seebee...oil pressure has nothing to do with marbling, perhaps you should try not overfilling the crankcase, or it may have just been bad karma...
(My engine died because my tire pressure was low....)

Anyway...
YES, these bikes are pretty much fun when they are running the way they are supposed to...good to hear you got yours whipped into shape liljd. I was lucky enough to buy mine new at a local Kaw dealer. Ran perfect the 5 years I had her...but I had a 500 Kawasaki triple (the two stroke) that was a basket case when I got her, took 6 months and half of another bike to get running right. Alot of fun when it did though..............

KM

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And you guys give me crap for hijacking a thread....lol

KM

LOL..... It's all good :rockon:

I'm having fun on it now! Though when I took the tank off to primer it I think something got into the carbs again but don't feel like teking em out!

This one was a basket case. I just hope it stays together to ride and not have anymore trouble out of her. The wife loves it too!

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i wish i could say it was the this worked i purchaced a new seal and am waiting for shipment of a new one should arive shortly i have also pushed back in the orig seal this seal is located between the drive shavft and the bevel case. where does the excess oil pressure vent to on a car it would be a pcv valve. i changed the oil and gaskets when i put in a new stator a month back and the advice on this page was awsome. i have to say the logic in marbling is great but i dont think its a risk im willing to try again

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Again the marbling had NOTHING to do with you blowen that seal. You might check your pressure through your oil pump to make sure its up to spec.

·
Super Moderator
11,995 Posts
......... where does the excess oil pressure vent to on a car it would be a pcv valve........ i changed the oil and gaskets when i put in a new stator a month back and the advice on this page was awsome. i have to say the logic in marbling is great but i dont think its a risk im willing to try again

There is an oil breather vent hose that feeds into the airbox, but the oil is not under any pressure in the crankcase or in "bevel case"..

It's odd to me that you managed to install a new stator , gaskets and all and have no clue how the engine works,But you did all that yourself?? and you don't want to "risk" doing a marbling again??

TAP TAP TAP...is this thing on???

KM

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
i understand how things work in fact i jumped to conclusions when i did the marbling after doing further research i noticed that i plugged the breather instead of the right reed valve located behind the air box.... and yes i understand the pressure concept but heat and oil in a sealed environment creates pressure and with the breather plugged will produce enough pressure to puch out seals just hope i didnt do any further damage i shouldn't have been in a hurry when i did the marbling. i understand my mistake and hope that i can prevent someone from making the same mistake i did. I'm sorry u feel im incompetent about motors and in fact ive rebuild my old 500 and ive rebuilt toyota and ford motors in the past transmissions ect . im thankful for the forum to post pictures. and point out my carless mistakes... :doh:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i understand how things work in fact i jumped to conclusions when i did the marbling after doing further research i noticed that i plugged the breather instead of the right reed valve located behind the air box.... and yes i understand the pressure concept but heat and oil in a sealed environment creates pressure and with the breather plugged will produce enough pressure to puch out seals just hope i didnt do any further damage i shouldn't have been in a hurry when i did the marbling. i understand my mistake and hope that i can prevent someone from making the same mistake i did. I'm sorry u feel im incompetent about motors and in fact ive rebuild my old 500 and ive rebuilt toyota and ford motors in the past transmissions ect . im thankful for the forum to post pictures. and point out my carless mistakes... :doh:
Trust me when I say don't sweat it too much... You'll come to figure all of us out in no time LOL! I'm glad you found what happened and hope you still try the marbleing. Let us know how things turn out with the bike. We're dieing to hear how it runs :rockon:

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
runs great gonna pick up some crsh gaskets when the seal and gasket come in then i'lll do some carb work... but shes runnin great cosidering

1 - 17 of 17 Posts