Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been phoning around town today shopping for a new MF-AGM battery.

I have prices starting from $70 at NAPA for an East Penn (same as Deka, I think) with part #CB14L-LA2FP.

(One of the sales people said it had a sensor, but did not say what it was for. I found a reference to a sensor on one East Penn website that said something about having to disable a sensor in some applications. I cannot find that site again. Does anyone have any knowledge of this battery or the sensor, and if it is compatible with the vn750.)

Battery Direct has a battery labeled "Discover" for them, that is made in China for $76. I know and like the dealer, but I am not inclined to buy a Chinese made battery.

Alltra Battery has a "Powersonic" for $90.

Couldn`t find a Diehard MC battery at Sears, since Kal Tire took over the automotive dept there. I`m supposed to phone another guy who is working tomorrow, who may know more than the guy today.

Now a drum roll please for the final bidder, who naturally, is my local Kawi stealership weighing in at $125 for a Yuasa that they have to fill and charge for 3 hours before I can take it.

Unless by some miracle I get a Diehard for a steal of a deal, I will be going in tomorrow to look at the $70 battery at NAPA, and see if I can find out what the sensor senses, and if it will work for me.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
My cousin's voyager had a battery with an electrolyte level sensor that would light up a warning light if your electrolyte got to low ,but it was aflooded cell battery I don't know about an agm with a sensor ,I'd make sure it is a maintenance free sealed battery if it has a sensor it may be a voltage monitor but I have not seen one on an agm battery. OL Hoss thats all i know about batteries with sensors and i hope this helps,maybe some one else knows more.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks denny. The electrolyte level sensor makes sense. Am I correct in assuming the sensor on the Voyager battery was connected to a light on the dash?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
yes that is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts