Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not sure where to post this so I hope the general section is fine. PO broke a mirror and replaced it with a non matching one. Looks terrible. I'm looking to get a new set off of Ebay. Can anybody tell me the side of the threading needed on the new mirrors? For reference, I'm thinking about these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Motorcycle-Rectangular-Rearview-Mirrors-For-Honda-Suzuki-Kawasaki-10mm-US/253555760850?hash=item3b0919ded2

Doesn't list the 750 as compatible but who knows?

Also, has anybody looked at or thought about adding mirrors with LED turn signals?

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Yup, diesel fitter. :)

They're supplying enough adapters to fit anything except Harley, our mounts on the bars have 10mm threads.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spockster, you are a god among men, and I thank you. They're nothing fancy but some simple, solid black mirrors are gonna be just right

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Whoa, not sure I'm worthy, but thanks. I just like to help if I can, already on my second set of mirrors.

Really liked the "El Chico" mirrors I had first, think they were Bikemaster. Couldn't find those when I needed to replace one. They have the rectangle shape like the ones you're looking at, and I thought the image was better. Not because of the shape but something about how the glass was made. I got used to the new ones though.

The lone leftover rectangle is going on my atv.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the rectangle would give me a wider viewing angle. I don't hate the circle mirrors, but they're not my favorite either. The chrome one is starting to rust and the black one just looks stupid. I'll be glad to have a matching pair

·
Registered
141 Posts
kryptonianjorel, I had those exact mirrors on my bike when I purchased it. Of course they were old and faded badly, but they are very short and don't provide much of a view. But take my opinion with a grain of salt, this is my first motorcycle and I removed them before I really started riding it any.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kryptonianjorel, I had those exact mirrors on my bike when I purchased it. Of course they were old and faded badly, but they are very short and don't provide much of a view. But take my opinion with a grain of salt, this is my first motorcycle and I removed them before I really started riding it any.
Hmm, wish I would have waited a day now. Already ordered. Only cost me $12 so if they're crap, I won't be too upset

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey you might like them. I looked around a little and there isn't much else out there for us.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Might be Yamaha with the goofy threads. ... one of those anyway. There's probably a lefthand thread on one of those adapters.

As long as you can see past your shoulders, should be ok. They look longer than the ones my friend put on his, he can't see past his shoulder. But the measurements were listed for those, and when I warned him, he didn't listen.

If you look at the one bike pic in that ebay link, you can see where the mirror sits in relation to the grip. Could be a bit short, but hard to tell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be Yamaha with the goofy threads. ... one of those anyway. There's probably a lefthand thread on one of those adapters.

As long as you can see past your shoulders, should be ok. They look longer than the ones my friend put on his, he can't see past his shoulder. But the measurements were listed for those, and when I warned him, he didn't listen.

If you look at the one bike pic in that ebay link, you can see where the mirror sits in relation to the grip. Could be a bit short, but hard to tell.
Now Spockster, I gave you high praise. Don't you be telling me I bought the wrong mirrors now

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought the wrong mirrors haha. They fit just fine, but they won't adjust far enough that I can actually see out of them. I can rotate the clutch to move the mirror up on the left, but the brake fluid tank stops me from moving the right side. They looked pretty good but just aren't functional.

Back to the drawing board

·
Registered
170 Posts
I replaced perfectly good Vulcan 750 mirrors with used Shadow VT1100 mirrors off Ebay. Not a fan of the round mirrors at all, and always loved the Shadow mirrors. They fit perfect and are very functional. :smiley_th

Also, Yamahas have left-hand and right-hand threads on their mirrors. Not aware of any other make doing that? :nerd::nerd:

GDI

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I replaced perfectly good Vulcan 750 mirrors with used Shadow VT1100 mirrors off Ebay. Not a fan of the round mirrors at all, and always loved the Shadow mirrors. They fit perfect and are very functional. :smiley_th

Also, Yamahas have left-hand and right-hand threads on their mirrors. Not aware of any other make doing that? :nerd::nerd:

GDI
I'll look into some. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Now Spockster, I gave you high praise. Don't you be telling me I bought the wrong mirrors now
Sorry man, I considered the threads and didn't think about the length until someone else mentioned it.

I managed to find these, they're made by Emgo, and I know the stems are long enough. The housings are plastic, which won't rust. They're fine as long as you don't smack one like I did. Good image depth too.

Was on the freeway one day wearing my half helmet, at 70mph it felt like the helmet was about to fly off my head. I reached up real quick with my right hand and clipped the mirror pretty hard as I did, knocked the top right off it.

https://www.amazon.com/Emgo-Universal-Cruiser-Kawasaki-20-42470/dp/B000GV9ANG

They're back on ebay too....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=el+chico+mirrors&_sacat=6000&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=10&_odkw=el+chico+mirrors&_osacat=6000&LH_TitleDesc=0

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had good luck w/ Emgo mirrors in the past. They were a sportier, blacked-out style, so can't speak to the quality of the chrome or such.

GDI

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts