Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ok so im buying a vn750 off craigslist the guy says he is the second owner and the first owner was a guy who lived down the street from him it looks like its a really clean bike no big dents or rust that i can see in the pics. this is my first bike and not really sure what common issues are with the 750 that might make me change my mind but its 500 for the full bike with title all hes says i would have to do is rebuild the carbs and get turn signals.

but if you could just leave a few hints tips anything little bit will help i really cant wait till i can start messing with a bike of my own

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. :)

So if he says you need to rebuild the carbs I assume that means that the bike isn't running right now? If that is truly all that is wrong with it, pulling carbs and cleaning them all out and replacing diaphragms (if needed) isn't an impossible task. Getting the carbs out and back on the bike are the hardest parts of the whole process. Roach has some very good videos on it that are stickied in the Carb and Fuel System section.

But if you don't know that much about bikes, I would try to take someone more knowledgeable with you to look at it and make sure there's not something else that might be wrong. The big issues for the vn750 are dry splines and the charging system. To check the charging system thoroughly you need the bike to be running.

How many miles are on it? For $500, if the bike looks good and the engine has good compression, it would be hard to pass it up.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
For $500 I would grab it.... with your determination and this forum for reference/knowledge base, you will be fine.
Carbs are an experience, but will reap a rewarding appreciation for/with a great bike.

:smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
i would grab it.with all the knowledge on this site,you can get it up and running.cleaning and rebuilding the carbs is the easy part.getting them out and in is the hard part.lol

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Same hear grab it. Just make sure and think about if you want to ride right away or if you dont mind working on it first. Not trying to turn you away from the vn750 would tell you the same thing on anyother bike. I have a 92 and have rode it about 2 months out of a year love the bike but is a big project if someone didnt take care of it. And its not the bikes fault it hasnt ran that much.

Important not also never let anyone take your bike and use it learnd that the hard way.

All in all best of luck with her if you get her.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Wait...you're in Palatka? You better hurry up and buy that bike before I figure out where it is and offer him $600 for it. ;)

·
4,508 Posts
Wait...you're in Palatka? You better hurry up and buy that bike before I figure out where it is and offer him $600 for it. ;)
LMAO !

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sweet! When you get it post up some pics for us. Once you get it all running maybe we can try to get a Northeast Florida get together going like those darn yankees in NY and NJ keep doing. ;)

Also, if you still need turn signals I have my old rear signals I would be willing to part with. One has a decent size scratch/gouge in it and I'm missing a screw (because it stripped). Let me know and we can work something out maybe save you some money on shipping. :smiley_th PM me if you're interested.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
hey i just wanted u guys to know i got the 550 home today and it runs just needs some tune and clean a few new parts gonna take my endorsement class tomorrow and on the road shortly
sweet:smiley_th

·
4,508 Posts
hey i just wanted u guys to know i got the 550 home today and it runs just needs some tune and clean a few new parts gonna take my endorsement class tomorrow and on the road shortly
Great ! Do it to it ! Do it right !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts