Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item 170136893541 and now item 170136890844 on Ebay. Same seller!

I completed a “buy now” for Jardine forward controls. They were less then $150.00 USA money. The seller didn't list that the part was coming from overseas and since there wasn't shipping information enclosed I E-mailed and received a response four days later with an estimate for $33.00.
This seller only has five transactions and the last happened in January of 06. I thought the item was used but now I'm not so sure. This part in the USA is over $500.00. I've declined the purchase and have reported the seller as suspicious. I could be wrong about this but I just thought I would let all of you know anyway.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
One is in English and the other in Dutch. Hmmm?
I sent them a message. Let's see what's up.
I also have friends in the Netherlands. Maybe I can have them make contact.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Both list the seller as in the Netherlands.
BTW, most standard shipping from overseas (Europe) will take about a month at least. I've gotten several parts from overseas sellers and patience is required.
If this is legit, it's one heck of a deal of forward controls!

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Turns out he is near one of my friends in Barnveld, Holland.
I'll see if he can check him out for me.
I was quoted about $49 shipping to the States.

·
Registered
77 Posts
dito, any updates?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, Mike is still around (well, two weeks ago), but 2fas4u hasn't been here for 3 months.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Wow Bill, you really went digging for this one, and Dianna said patience but even almost 2 years is a bit much, LOL. (would have been cool to hear about the outcome though)

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Wow Bill, you really went digging for this one, and Dianna said patience but even almost 2 years is a bit much, LOL. (would have been cool to hear about the outcome though)
Yes I did go digging didnt I....LOL. I am in such dire need of forwards that its sickening, I just dont have the $600 to get them, barely have $200 and besides the wife would absolutely KILL me if I bought a pair when I only paid $800 for the whole bike. Couldnt say that I would blame her. The prices of Jardines is so outrageous....GOOD GAWD!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i think i might just make my own highway pegs....screw the forward controls....or maybe ill get adventurous and make them too

·
Registered
77 Posts
will do, just need the $ for materials

1 - 12 of 12 Posts