Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to use similar design to Knifemaker's front floorboards, which I already built for mine and make some smaller ones for the back. I figure when they're not in use, they'll make nice wind deflectors to help cool my relocated r/r! I'll shoot some pics when I get em done. I figure the wifey will enjoy that first ride much better if her feet and legs don't go to sleep!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've been wanting to build a set of front floorboards, but haven't found the right parts yet.
I was going to use a couple of those aftermarket gas pedals that pretty much just clamp onto the stock gas pedal (of a car), but can't find a design I like. A couple of those nostalgic 'bare foot' ones would be different, but I've never seen a left foot one, just right. :(

Good luck with yours Fergy, and as always....

Post some pics when ya get 'em made :motorcycl

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I bought a block of oak, thinking about doing the barefoot ones. But, it sure looks like it will change how I position my feet. I certainly like where my right foot is at, so I just don't know...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the aluminum stock on ebay at 3/8" thick 6011 I think, for about $20 for two sheets that were 6"x15". It was enough to make at least two more full size floorboards when I was finished with mine. Cutting the stuff was an experience though cause I had to use a jig saw with a metal blade and lots of wd40 for lube. That will try your patience! But finishing it was pretty easy with the knife building sanders and stuff I already have. It should be an easy job. Plus, if they are in my way, I can remove them and put the others back on, or pull the circlips and just leave them off until my wife wants to ride. I've thought about replacing the pins/circlips with same size pins with holes drilled for snap pins to make them easier to remove and install... You never know about me.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
fergy said:
I'm going to use similar design to Knifemaker's front floorboards, which I already built for mine and make some smaller ones for the back. I figure when they're not in use, they'll make nice wind deflectors to help cool my relocated r/r! I'll shoot some pics when I get em done. I figure the wifey will enjoy that first ride much better if her feet and legs don't go to sleep!

If you go to my photo link, you will find a drawing for the Passenger Floorboards that gives dimensions...if this would be helpful.

(And of course, you can just save yourself the trouble and order a pair of my Passenger Floorboards;)

KM

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hey Knifemaker,
In the last several months some people have asked about some of your products.
What all do you have available at this time?

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
hyperbuzzin said:
Hey Knifemaker,
In the last several months some people have asked about some of your products.
What all do you have available at this time?

I only am selling Floorboards. Driver and Passenger. All other items have been discontinued. Sorry that they still apear on my website, but my "webmaster" is dealing with a disaster at home and has not yet had the time to change the site.
I also make Passenger Floorboards for the Yamaha FJR 1300.

Knifemaker

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KM, I really like making stuff myself just for the fun of it. I have plenty of aluminum left over from my floorboard job. I bought 3/8". A little heavier, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have a paypal account? I might want to shoot you some cash just for being such a good guy and letting me borrow your design!

(by the way, I'm not making these for anyone else! That's your baby.)

Another note, and I may have asked you before, but do you have any photos of knives you've built? I'd like to see em if so. That's another of my "hobbies" :beerchug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts