Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Godspeed on your journey, Brady.

In the news today, link omitted because they posted his complete address, wasn't sure if that would be proper here:

A Morgan County man was killed Thursday morning in a single vehicle motorcycle crash in Stockport.

Brady E. Patterson, 48, of (address deleted), Stockport, was thrown into a fire hydrant after striking a curb on Market Street, just south of Meadow Street, according to a report from the Marietta post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The accident occurred around 10:15 a.m. and Patterson was pronounced dead at the scene.

He died of injuries sustained in the crash, said Lt. Carlos Smith, commander of the OSHP's Marietta post.

Patterson was driving a 1995 Kawasaki VN750. He did have a motorcycle endorsement, said Smith.

He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash and his speed at the time of the crash could not be determined.

"There was one witness who stated the motorcycle started to accelerate right before the accident," said Smith.

The speed limit on Market Street is 35 miles per hour, he added.

It is unknown at this time if alcohol is a factor.

Patterson's death marks the third traffic fatality in Morgan County this year, surpassing the two fatalities suffered in the county last year.

Of the previous two fatalities, alcohol was a definite contributing factor in one and a suspected contributing factor in the other.

Washington County has already experienced double the amount of vehicle fatalities this year as it saw in 2012.

On Tuesday a Vincent man was killed when a tractor rolled over on Hayes Road in Barlow Township-the sixth Washington County vehicle fatality of the year.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Hmm... Although it is always sad to hear of someone getting into an accident and not making it, I too wonder if alcohol was involved. I would never hop on the bike with more than 1 beer in my system. I know it might sound cold but if booze was involved and he wasn't wearing a helmet he knew the risks he was taking. Anyway like I said that sucks and my condolences to the family.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
RIP fellow rider.

Kenny

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
I have carried that news to a young lady and two little kids. Somebody had to. I feel bad for the family.

May their God favor them from here.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...helmet spam....someone ban this mthrfooker......

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn cold at the least!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is never a good thing when someone dies, no matter the circumstances. My heart goes out to those who must now deal with Brady's sudden passing.

Things can happen so fast on a bike. It only takes a split second of inattention to end up hitting a curb. A fire hydrant is one of the last things you'd want to be thrown into. There's no way to tell from the information posted if the lack of a helmet played a role or not. It is just as likely that the man died from massive internal injuries.

Personally, I would never ride without a helmet. I know and ride with those who don't. It is a personal decision and one that should not be second guessed either way. We all know, or at least should know, the risk involved, no matter what protective gear you chose to wear or not wear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts