Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all 4 of my turn signals are broken and dangling in the wind. I guess the rubber sleeves got to old and decided to just snap on me.
Does anyone know where I can get just the rubber sleeves?
I looked online and could only fine entire replacement units at $50+ each...ouch.
Otherwise, I was just going to put a piece of steel rod over it and wrap in in electrical tape. Pretty ghetto, but shouldn't look too bad from afar.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I used a pin out of a door hinge on mine, wrap it with duct tape then wrap that with black electrial tape. does not look bad at all. electrical tape alone will stretch after a while especially in the heat!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a pin out of a door hinge on mine, wrap it with duct tape then wrap that with black electrial tape. does not look bad at all. electrical tape alone will stretch after a while especially in the heat!
Good call with the duct tape first.

·
2,526 Posts
There's a $20 option for now, but who know's for how long at those prices. I found a deal last year on ebay where they were selling 2 for $19.99 (rear signals) one of my rear housings is scratched a little and I wanted it replaced. So now I have that one for a spare and a new one in case one breaks. Good to have extra's on hand.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Thanks KidChaos...I think I'll try the self-fix for now, but when I get tired of looking at it, it's nice to know there is a $20 option out there.
I replaced just one recently, the rubber "sleeve" is form molded into the chromed plastic, so this is one piece the other pieces are as follows.

2 Screws w/ plastic washers
1 Orange Lense
1 Gasket
1 Steel Reflector Plate
1 Bulb Housing Shield
1 Housing Shield Screw
1 Bulb Housing
1 Wiring w/ Bulb hot spots, and Ground Plate
1 Spring
1 Three Hole Seal(for the wires)
1 Insulating Tube

At least for the front...
I took a photo but this thread armed just about done, search ebay every couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts