Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I first got my bike, I put gas in her, started her up and rode a quick lap around the yard to test transmission/clutch. At this point I noticed a large amount of fuel leaking from the carb area. After inspection, I found several rotted fuel lines, and the plastic fitting that connects to my float chamber practically broken to pieces :(

I took the carb in to a shop, and they told me I have to either buy a new carb, a new float chamber assembly, or jerry-rig a fuel line into the brass piece that is left. Kawasaki sells the part for 150$, a full assembly on eBay for 100-200$, 100 if I'm LUCKY. Or jerry-rig for ????.

What I'm pointing at is whats left of the fuel line. Anybody have any cheaper ideas? The other side is the same way, just has a little plastic left over.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Yep...get a Harley all brass replacement like many here did...

http://www.cv-performance.com/cvp-fuel-max-inlet-elbow/

Most custom shops that deal with Harleys and even some Harley dealers have em....theyre pressed in fittings, so can be removed...what the dealer told you was BS....or take the carbs off and bring em to a custom shop dealing with Harleys...they will do it for a price...wont be no $150, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts