Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have just got the rear wheel back on after fixing a flat and now the choke cable has snapped. I have only ridden it once since the wheel went back on! Its just one thing after another :mad: (on the upside I was able to re-gasket the exhausts since I had to loosen them off to get the wheel off).

Anyway, I looked at the parts diagrams on the Kawasaki site to see what the p/n for the choke cable is but I can't see it referred to anywhere. I see the choke lever but no choke cable. There is something called a 'starter cable', is that it??

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hi! I think we're both living in the same Kaw Hard Luck world at the moment. The "starter cable" is what you're looking for - I got mine from Ron Ayers (usually a little cheaper than other places). PArt number is 54017-1059 and the listing is for $15.79 + shipping.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Crobins365

I think I will order it from within the UK though as the shipping from the states will be a bit high :wow:

Thanks for the help though, hopefully I can fix it at the weekend (I might as well bung in a new clutch cable while I am at it).

Anyone want to start a book on what will break next??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered it from a place called Cradley Kawasaki (UK). I am not sure if they are the cheapest but every time I have needed a part, they have had it in stock. I give them a "big thumbs up" :notworthy

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
At least they have your parts in stock!! I'm willing to pay a bit more for that convenience but no one in Corpus stocks parts for the bike so it's either spec order it from the stealer or Ron Ayers. I'm just glad car parts aren't such a pain in the neck to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts