Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am receiving a 1992 vn750 from my neighbor he had lost the keys when he moved in many years ago so all this bike has done is just sit there what should some things I should keep in mind when trying to get it to come alive again.. I plan on draining the old fuel and cleaning the carb but any tips and useful information will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
Change all fluids, check all rubber lines, check brakes, replace tires, change battery, check voltage on battery when running, check spark plugs, open carb bowls to see if they're gunked up. Depending on how long it sat (1+ years) I'd rebuild the carbs. Mine sat for a long time and I took her in, had to rebuild the carbs after 900 miles of good riding cause the float started sticking. Also check gas tank for rust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) any idea how much a locksmith should run for this it looks like a sock ingnition and I tried to get a quote a few times but they keep saying they can't give me a quote until they are on site but I live way outta town and very low on income right now so I don't want to pay them just to come out and give me a quote... never had to use a locksmith before...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why don't you remove the switch assembly and carry it to them. Then they can look at it at their leisure and it won't cost so much. Also on the key is a number for making the key. I'm not sure because I never looked at it but on your gas cap, ignition switch or maybe even the helmet locks on the side may have that number on it. If so send those numbers to a Kawasaki shop and if they make keys they should be able to make that key pretty cheap. The locksmith may also be able to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts