Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Long story short: Last night a guy ran his red light in front of me and I T-boned him in the intersection. His F150 faired pretty good, my Bonneville, however...

Seemed pretty cut and dry, until this morning when he denies everything and says it's my fault. Insurance company says it's word against word.

So, anyone got any spare lube? I don't see this going well.

On a different note, it looks like I may be getting another vehicle soon. I've been wanting to get back in a (smaller) truck, like a Tacoma.

Does anyone know of any forums as awesome as VN750.com for a model of truck? -It would be a selling point for me.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
NAXJA is a great forum for Jeep Cherokee and Comanche's There are a lot of Toyota, Nissan, Dodge Ram, and Ford F-Siers and Ranger Forums as well...

·
Super Moderator
11,858 Posts
If you had no witnesses...you're screwed. The good part is .... if you got the drivers address when you exchanged insurance info...then you know where he lives.

So, in a few months, you can have yourself a "drive by" and even up the damage to his truck.

KM

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
If you had no witnesses...you're screwed. The good part is .... if you got the drivers address when you exchanged insurance info...then you know where he lives.
So, in a few months, you can have yourself a "drive by" and even up the damage to his truck.KM
Sorry about your bad luck... I'll not name any names, but I know a man that his 2 young sons went to china-mart to pick up a couple of CDs, and when they came out 2 big punks had their radio/CD player ripped out and were goin to their car... They ask for it back and they just laughed and ask what they wanted to do about it, well they did get a license number and turned it over to their dad, who in turn turned it over to the cops who did absolutly nothing...lol... Well someone didn't know their dad, the punks had even traded for a newer better car when he riddled it with full auto AK 47 holes... Bet they thought they might have pissed someone off...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
So, let me get this straight. You didn't check for witnesses, and wait for the police to come and do a report?

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, let me get this straight. You didn't check for witnesses, and wait for the police to come and do a report?
Lol, ok, a few more details...

Just remember,
Long story short
I warned you

Driving home from work about midnight Thursday night. It had snowed and the roads had been cleaned, but still slick. I come up on a green light a few blocks from my house. When I'm about 15-20 yards from the intersection a truck drives out in front of me. I slam on the horn and brakes but can't stop in time. Front of my car hits the side of his truck.

I get out, asked the truck guy if he even tried to stop. He says yes, he wasn't able to b/c of the snow. I call the cops. They tell me that they're not going to come - too many other accidents involving injuries, just make a report in the morning. I tell the guy to write down his info. There's another fellow who calls to me from the other side of the street. I talk to him and he says he saw everything "you had the green light" he says "I know how hard these situations can be". Gives me his name and number. :smiley_th Truck guy doesn't bother to talk to the witness.

I get the truck guy's info, he tells me he's a lawyer, leaves. I call for a tow. Call my insurance ppl. Google the truck guy on my phone to get home address and phone (he only gave me his office). Next morning I talk more with my insurance agent, give a recorded statement and the witness info. My agent calls his agent while I walk to the police station to file an accident report. I get a call from truck guy's agent. I give them a recorded statement and the witness info. Before I get off the phone his agent tells me that truck guy says I ran the light and everything is my fault (big surprise). She also says they've talked to the witness, who's story correlates with the guy in the truck. WTF? I ask if she is sure? She states "Yes, he had the vehicles a little mixed up, but says that the vehicle on 31st street (me) ran the light". She says they will be filing the damage claim against my insurance.:BLAM:

I'm utterly confused. I tried to call my agent back, she's not in. I did find out that she had also talked to the witness, but not what was said.

"Yes he had the vehicles a little mixed up, but says that the vehicle on 31st street (me) ran the light" -it sounds to me like the witness got the streets mixed up, not the vehicles. IMO, it's easier to remember which car did what and maybe get the streets confused...

Long story even longer... I went to the businesses around the intersection the next day to see if anybody saw anything or if they had cameras. No luck on either, everybody closed early due to weather. Just have to wait til Monday to talk to my agent, I'm still holding out hope on the witness. But even if he did get the streets confused and tells the cops this, his account of the events has been weakened.:doh:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Be very cautious, after reading your posts, and the article on this DH, he may be the next president, sounds like he may be very well qualified...
Good luck with the witness...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
I hope the witness is just confused and hasn't been swayed by promises from the attorney.

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I had all kinds of scenarios like that playin in my head. Even thought they may have known each other or something... Tryin not to think that way though, the guy on the street did genuinely seem like he wanted to help.

My agent did talk to him first, so I'll have to see what he told her.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I have searched and have never found another forum even close to vn750 for cars, I belong to ford truck enthusiasts which has I forget how many members but its like 80,000 and i post a problem there a week later I might have 2 replies unlike vn750 I post a question here I have 12 replies by the next morning!

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally, with this forum, I'm ready to try damn near any repair the Vulcan throws at me. Only time I'll ever take it back to a shop is for stuff that's just too big a hassle to do myself (tire mounting...) Seems like most truck forums are real heavy on mods but light on maintenance and repair

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
It sucks that you had this crash with a blood sucking attorney. Cool heads usually prevail, so I hope that is the case in your issue. I don't understand how they guy can out and out lie, and they take his word over yours. Sounds like you need a good attorney.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yeah, I had all kinds of scenarios like that playin in my head. Even thought they may have known each other or something... Tryin not to think that way though, the guy on the street did genuinely seem like he wanted to help.

My agent did talk to him first, so I'll have to see what he told her.
you're playing against the odd alone,Hire you a shady lawyer of your own and don't talk to any one else other than him or your Agent,If that doesn't work .Intimidation is a specialty of lawyers and insurance adjusters alike,When you retain an attorney they no longer have the right to question you any further with out counsel present unless you consent.
If that doesn't work remember this"If they put one of ours in the hospital,We put one of theirs in the morgue"In Sean Connery's accent.From the Untouchables.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I`m beginning to think we all need to mount a camera on the dash to verify the facts in an accident. It is terrible to have to think this way. A dash camera won`t be the solution in all accidents, but it could have shown who had the green light in this case.

(Did you hear about the headstone that read "Here lies a lawyer and an honest man". A passerby said to his companion that he didn`t know they could bury two men in the same grave. lol Seems to fit the character of the lying shyster in this story.:))

·
Registered
57 Posts
What insurance company do you have? I only ask because as much as I hate to admit it, I am an insurance agent. I am also in the KC area. Might be able to give you some advice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts