Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I notice today on my way to work that my break light switch on the front is not working, I did pull the wires out and and grounded them together, the light lit up. so My assumption is that the switch has taken its toll due weather in Florida. Where can i get it, and how much am i looking to spend?

Cheers

Andre

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Could be talking about the swith at your foot. I've rebuilt both. The foot switch is not to bad but the hand switch was a bi%@! to rebuild. I forget how it popped, oh well. Cindy will hook you up!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Could be talking about the swith at your foot. I've rebuilt both. The foot switch is not to bad but the hand switch was a bi%@! to rebuild. I forget how it popped, oh well. Cindy will hook you up!
You rebuilt the switch on the RH control? Dag,I would've emailed myself ISO a replacement! lol I've found the foot switch to be a PITA, mostly because of that stupid OEM spring that doesn't want to be like any other spring out there. I've had to jury-rig a couple of 'em, and the air was blue by the time I was done!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I get my parts from bikebandit.com. I keep the front switch, along with the ignition and all the handlebar switches lubricated with WD40. I removed the rear switch. If you are coming to a normal stop, you are going to use the front brake anyway. If you want to slow down or stop without flashing a brake light, like when a cop is chasing you down a dark alley, you can just use the rear brake. Jerry. (yes, the cop part was a joke)

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
If you want to slow down or stop without flashing a brake light, like when a cop is chasing you down a dark alley, you can just use the rear brake. Jerry. (yes, the cop part was a joke)
Ah come on now Jerry... truth often comes out in jest!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts