Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo ive been searchin real long and hard for a Vn build that fit my style. Im a real big fan some bobbers on this page but im tryin to build somthin unique and sleek so i finally settled on the Bratstyle.. I know (as far as i know and have reasearched) that our frame isnt the bratstyle friendly but thats where the fabrication will kick in, ill be trying to brat my bike out (as a guideline) and will be keep you guys updated
I know its not a popular style to star with a build on a Vn750 but someones got to try ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im starting my build with a 2006 750 that i just bought..

`the first thing i did was de-cluter the bikes elec. and re-wire everything so it looks more clean
`i swaped some bars my cousin had onto my bike for a lower profile
`i modifide the stock seat,cut the back rest of and took the inch memory foam off to lower the height of the seat and re-appolstered it

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I look forward to seeing what you come up with but,:worthless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup threadds are worthless without pics but the forum wont load my pictures so ill load them onto my flicr and you guys can check out my photo stream

..unless someone tells this newbiee how to load pics onto this forum haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soo we just took off the bar, front brakes, front fender, triple tree etc because ima black out my engine, wheels, front shocks and other acessories so ill be posting up picks when im done sprayin this weekend =)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,426 Posts
hell dude if YOU are happy who cares if it is popular

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I know its not a popular style to star with a build on a Vn750 but someones got to try ;)
FTW! It's your bike so get to chopping. :smiley_th

·
Registered
483 Posts
I will say.. Very clean machine.. Good looking bike.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,426 Posts
this is a brat...
still waiting to see more pictures, cause removing your seat and gauges doesn't count man
that is about how i want my shovelhead to turn out,but jap bikes are so much cheaper to build

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup i got alot i want to do with it but im on a NO money budget =( thats usally a problem but ill see where itll take me for now, but that brat looks sick, looks pretty darn close for what im shootin for

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
Well, it shouldn't cos a lot of money to build a brat. Chop off the frame behind the rear shock mount, weld in a brace/solo seat spring mount, go to Tractor supply and get your hands on a trailer fender for about 20 bucks cut the chit out of the fender and mount it to the brace that you made. Make a set of lowering brackets for the rear, then paint it.. and you're done.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
"brat"....is that like a cross between a bobber and a rat ?...either way, I like that pic ya posted Slim ! Reminds me of the bikes the Angels mostly rode in the 50's and 60's. Id love one like that. And Ive seen front Glide fenders mounted rear before...just not still with the dang bumper !, lol. Im also looking to add them retro rubber accordion fork boots to mine like the old Sportsters had. Mostly because fitting a wideglide front end would be rough with the Vulcan, lol.

·
Sparky!!!
8,709 Posts
No wolfie.. Brat comes from "BratStyle" Choppers, a Company based out of Japan. over there, they can't convert to hard tail swing arms, so they made there own style that has some how swept the US over the past few years.

http://www.bratstyle.com/

and a few of there bikes for more inspiration Villa

also for more information on "Brats" and other chopped, bobbed, ratted or what ever bikes, check out http://www.chopcult.com/

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Slim, as always you are a wealth of information.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Awesome stuff! Has anyone tried installing extended forks to get that true chopper look on a VN750? I think it would bad a$$.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts