Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just picked up an 87 for five hundred bucks. I was hoping somebody with some knowledge would perhaps be interested in looking at it and telling me the low down dirty on it. I love it, it's way better than the broke down sportsbikes I had been getting.

I'm down on the southwest part of the metroplex.

Thanks,
Wes B

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
you came to the right place.
Does is run?
you can Down load a repair manual for free, I forgot the link but somebody will post it soon.
Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome on board Math!

you are not living too far from me - Keller, tx
i can certainly take a look at it on of these coming weekends. I am not a pro but i think i 've absorbed enough knowledge from this great forum to be able help out :p

PM me and we could arrange it, i will be out of town this weekend though.

cheers!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness. Here`s a link to the manual:
http://www.tocmanufacturing.com/Files for Download/VN750 Manual and Parts.pdf

Go to the User CP and put some info about the bike in your signature. ie. year, miles on it, stock condition or modified in what ways? Does it run? How long has it been sitting? Inside a shelter or outside? Some pictures in your profile page might help too. See link at bottom of my sig line.

Link to table of contents for Vulcan Verses:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/verses.php

Read the first group of topics through, and scan through the rest to get an idea of what`s there for when you need it.

If you have more questions , just ask. I have been on this board for 20+ months and just discovered today that the vent in the gas filler cap is connected to the little pipe at the back of the tank, under the front lip of the seat. I knew they were both vents, I just didn`t figure out they were the same vent. duh...The only dumb question , is the one you don`t ask. lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome to the Board, Wes. I'm in the Northwest part of the MetroMess. Unfortunately, I'm about dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to wrenching, but I give it my best shot (helps to have friends who know what they're doing and can bail me out when I screw something up).

In that vein, I now head out to the garage to figure out why I have fuel leaking from around my petcock...

--FA

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
im in ft worth if i can help. welcome

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not close, but I'm here. Just 2 hrs East of the "MetroMess" in Pittsburg, TX. Post some info and pics. I'll do my best to help.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Dude, I am off next weekend frid sat sun ..if you wanna ride out to Roby together..swing through White Settlement.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Like the bike, FA.
Thanks much. Unfortunately, she's currently sitting in the garage with her seat and fuel tank off waiting until Thursday when the new diaphragm for my petcock arrives at the dealer in Grapevine. It's sunny and warm outside right now, and I'm whimpering about not being able to go out and ride!!

--FA

·
Registered
668 Posts
looks like we have quite a fews riders around the MetroMess lol.

let's all meet up this weekend and go for a ride...

sunday sounds good to me

PM me and we could start set the meeting up :)

cheers!

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
I bought my bike from Grapevine Kawasaki. Mixed feelings about that place...they special ordered my longhorn offsets for my pegs and some idiot stocked them on the shelf with a 20 dollar price tag (a 70 dollar part) some one got a good deal...wasnt me though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks like we have quite a fews riders around the MetroMess lol.

let's all meet up this weekend and go for a ride...

sunday sounds good to me

PM me and we could start set the meeting up :)

cheers!
Definitely, the weatherman is saying low eighties for the weekend... nice. I'm thinking we meet in Arlington.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I'm cool with that.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry, but I won't be able to make it. My bike's down waiting for a new fuel petcock diaphragm to come in to Grapevine Kawasaki. I won't even be able to pick it up until Saturday...

--FA

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Dudes,
I should be off May 30 to Jun 5. Wanna hook up for a ride? Tell me when let it flight and mathlete. I plan on visiting Niterider either the 30th or following weekend. Let me know. Oh, if you have any hot girlfriends that want to ride with us, i'm totally flexible.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts