Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me the minimum thickness recommendation for the brake rotors? I've got a little grab (pulse) on the front brakes and am considering pulling off the rotors to have them turned. Just curious if I have enough left to do that.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I dont know what the spec is but if I remember correctly it is stamped into the rotor somewhere. Should say min thickness or something to that effect.

Good Luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't know if true or not, but my VN700/750 manual says they are made too thin to be turned. They should be replaced. But hey, maybe I shouldn't believe everything I read. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The minimum thickness for bikes with the single-piston caliper like the VN750 has is 4.5 mm (.177"). This number is also stamped on the rotors. You can not turn these rotors.
If you have a pulse/grab you may have a warped rotor which would need to be replaced. You can check runout with a dial indicator. The max runout is 0.3 mm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You guy's just answered my question. I wanted to see about getting rotors turned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I scored a set on e-bay last week. It's always a gamble but the price was right.....I've got one bad and two coming in from a bike parted with low miles so it's a 50/50 shot that at least one of em will be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts