Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Wolfie 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a good solution for the brake reservoir on drag bars? The problem i'm having now is that it is on too much of an angle to keep a steady flow of brake fluid. the handle bars are straight across.

#6 ·
...didnt you post this in another thread already ? Couldda sworn I replied.
I seem to recall a similar question being asked recently too Wolfie, but it musta been someone else. (note that I am being influenced by your purposely casual spelling. :))
So far jtaylor has only made 2 posts, the question above and his intro on the newbie check in:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24219

#7 ·
Yeah, well even though I know better, I like caual spelling because I talk the same way usually... ;)

Mounting on drag bars....cannot be done properly unless you modify the mount. The top of the res need to be level or close to it to retain a proper flow. My suggestion would be to look for a res off of another Jap bike that has bars similar to drag bars and the res mounts level. Yould need to change the clutch mount then also to make the levers match.

If you have a friend in a machine shop, a shim could be made to make it ride properly, but you'd need longer bolts and could end up with an ugly gap.

Id check other Jap MCs before I did anything. More than likely the banjo bolts are interchangable/same. Mebbe even off of another Kawi, like one of the KZ models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.