Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I remove the brake fluid reservoir cover, is there supposed to be a diaphragm there? It is not mentioned in the Kawa Service Manual (Brakes - 11-10, 11-11), but it is mentioned in the Clymer manual. Was this diaphragm only used certain years?

And if it should be there, what is its function, and where would be the best place to order one? Thank you in advance.

·
43 Posts
When I remove the brake fluid reservoir cover, is there supposed to be a diaphragm there? It is not mentioned in the Kawa Service Manual (Brakes - 11-10, 11-11), but it is mentioned in the Clymer manual. Was this diaphragm only used certain years?

And if it should be there, what is its function, and where would be the best place to order one? Thank you in advance.
Is your reservoir the Round one? If it is the part number is 43028-1071 (about $10 from Ron Ayers), or it can be ordered from your dealer. The part number for the rectagular one is 43028-1029.

As far as the function, it seperates the brake fluid from the air. If you look at your cover there is a notch in the edge. When you squeeze the brake handle fluid is forced down the lines, the diaphram goes down with the fluid level and the area above it is filled with air. When you let go it comes back up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Bob,

Thank you for: 1. the part # (I have the rectangular one) 2. a source 3. the link and 4. the explanation of its function. I'll order one today.

jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts