Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I remember seeing some pictures of a mod where a Toyota brake pedal pad was used.
I think the guy bought a replacement rubber pad the size he wanted, then cut a piece of sheet steel to the size and shape to fit inside the pad.

When he had the fit right, he pulled the rubber pad off and clamped the steel piece to the brake pedal and drilled 3 or 4 holes through both pieces.

Countersink the top piece and use flat head machine screws and nuts to attach to the brake pedal.
Reinstall the rubber pad, and it is done.

As I recall, his job looked like it came from the factory that way. :smiley_th

OH, BTW Welcome to the Vulcan madness! :pepper::pepper:

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I remember seeing some pictures of a mod where a Toyota brake pedal pad was used.
I think the guy bought a replacement rubber pad the size he wanted, then cut a piece of sheet steel to the size and shape to fit inside the pad.
Most auto parts stores have generic replacement pads available. Auto Zone, Strauss, etc. have them for sure as I saw them recently and I was thinking of the same mod.

x2 on the welcome to our forum.

Vulcan 2000

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
I'm pretty sure Knifemaker did something like that with a rubber foot pedal with pics on his flickr page...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought the KM one from one of our mrmbers on here. I installed it several years ago and really like it. Works great having something a bit bigger and nicer looking than the stock unit.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Yup, those are the pics I was thinking of.
Dang KM, you have made so many mods I don`t always remember who to give credit to.:smiley_th

What I need is a 6" heat shield on the right exhaust to keep from melting my heel off again.
Don`t know why Ma Kaw left that short section exposed??? :doh:

Hyperbuzzin gave me a link for one for about $25 a long time ago.
TommyV8, a local rider who comes to bike night, has a shop with lots of chrome goodies for sale, so I`ll check his stuff out first. :smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Yup, those are the pics I was thinking of.
Dang KM, you have made so many mods I don`t always remember who to give credit to.:smiley_th

What I need is a 6" heat shield on the right exhaust to keep from melting my heel off again.
:smiley_th

What I found that solved my burnt heel problem was a set of my floorboards. They make you rest your heel rather than the middle of your foot, so your heel doesn't wander around and touch the pipe. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts