·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Average quality would be good enough for me. Just want to be sure they aren't absolute crap.

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
I bought some Mac pads a while back but haven't installed them yet. Not so worried about my life, but rotor wear, as KM pointed out previously. IMO EBC organic kevlar pads woud probably be "best," but too expensive for my tastes, and even then I'm not so sure that those EBC's don't have steel wool in them. As far as stopping power, with the extra set of brakes on the front of the VN750, I can't see how that would ever be an issue. Modulation might be an issue with particula pads. If you can wait a month or so I'l try out the Maccyleparts pads and report back, but I can already tell you that they are not slotted down the center (to judge pad wear.)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here`s what I found when I did a search on Ebay for "vn 750 vulcan front brake pads":
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0+vulcan+brake+pads&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I would choose the EBC Organic pads, or the kevlar organic pads for good quality and least abrasive on the rotors.
(New rotors are expensive, I think over $200 each.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-VN...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a691152de
http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-06-Kawas...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item58913edb18

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
I would choose the EBC Organic pads, or the kevlar organic pads for good quality and least abrasive on the rotors.
+1 there. Organic pads likely be the cheapest. Ceramic pads are awesome but will eat your rotors of faster. As pointed out....;)....the front brake on the bike is pretty good to start with.

Not sure if anyone has priced OEM pads for the bike? I know many of the Yamaha forums reccomend factory replacement pads.

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I replaced pads I bought them from a shop, but I can't remember how much they were. BikeBandit has them for $46.19 (plus shipping, of course). Times are tough so I'd like to save a little money if I can, but don't want to sacrifice my safety in the name of saving a buck.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
I bought some Mac pads a while back but haven't installed them yet. Not so worried about my life, but rotor wear, as KM pointed out previously. IMO EBC organic kevlar pads woud probably be "best," but too expensive for my tastes, and even then I'm not so sure that those EBC's don't have steel wool in them. As far as stopping power, with the extra set of brakes on the front of the VN750, I can't see how that would ever be an issue. Modulation might be an issue with particula pads. If you can wait a month or so I'l try out the Maccyleparts pads and report back, but I can already tell you that they are not slotted down the center (to judge pad wear.)

You can slot them yourself with a hacksaw. And the slot is not really a wear indicator......

KM

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just replaced the pads in mine. Being the tight barsteward that i am,i went for a cheaper version !. The name on them is KYOTO. I was a bit unsure when ordering them,,but having fitted them i find them pretty good indeed,and they slotted in place perfectly. :smiley_th

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just replaced the pads in mine. Being the tight barsteward that i am,i went for a cheaper version !. The name on them is KYOTO. I was a bit unsure when ordering them,,but having fitted them i find them pretty good indeed,and they slotted in place perfectly. :smiley_th
Tight never I have heard of those before but never used them should be ok just keep a eye on them for a while, did you get some discs for the MOT then

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tight never I have heard of those before but never used them should be ok just keep a eye on them for a while, did you get some discs for the MOT then
I will keep an eye on em !:wow:. I sanded the disks down a bit,came up not too bad !. But,,there is a new MOT station opened up here !!!,,,and i know the owner and MOT tester personally,so no worry's there.:smiley_th

1 - 14 of 14 Posts