1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna need new brake pads on the front soon... :( So I'm watching this thread too.

Are they difficult to swap out?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna need new brake pads on the front soon... :( So I'm watching this thread too.

Are they difficult to swap out?
very easy... like your cage, but much more assessable.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Sintered pads are supposed to be really hard on your rotors. I would go with ceramic pads myself and other members have said that organic pads work just fine for them.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Fronts are easy to change out. 2 bolts on each caliper, and they slide off.
You want to be careful and not let the calipers hang from the brake lines, get some wire and hang them from it.
You will need to push the caliper puck back into the caliper to get the new pads to clear the rotors.
There are several ways to do it. I open the bleeder screws slightly to let out the excess fluid so it don't go back into the master. Have to be careful not to let any air back into the lines.
I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper way to do it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I use only EBC organic pads. Sintered pads will grind up your rotors. You might want to check on the price of new rotors before using metallic pads. $270 EACH The Vulcan uses ductile iron rotors, which are not designed for metallic pads.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I use only EBC organic pads. Sintered pads will grind up your rotors. You might want to check on the price of new rotors before using metallic pads. $270 EACH The Vulcan uses ductile iron rotors, which are not designed for metallic pads.
What are your thoughts on the ceramic pads?

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
For the ignorant of us here... Can you provide a link to the organic pads you are talking about? I've no idea what I am looking for...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts