Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've had a vibration that I'm trying to track down on the bike. I hit a rock awhile back and bent the rim. replaced the rim and reinstalled and ever since I've heard the pad rubbing.. I just put on a newly ground set of rotors since I had a set laying around.. now the outer, smaller brake pad, not the one on the rods. is there something that "clicks" or anything saying it's in the right spot. I push it down against the spring then use a small screwdriver to move it back behind the tabs to hold itself in place.. it there anything beyond this? also noticed my tires were a little low.. rear was only 23 lbs, front was 25 so I am off to fill them up.. thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
There's some stuff you can get at your local auto parts store called "Brake Quiet" - just a small blob behind the inner pad and in theory it'll help absorb road shock. Comes in a worse-than-Pepto-Bismal pink.... but is inexpensive and probably worth a try.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
is there something that "clicks" or anything saying it's in the right spot. I push it down against the spring then use a small screwdriver to move it back behind the tabs to hold itself in place.. it there anything beyond this?
That should be all ya need to do. They kinda just sit there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts