Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new brake MC and the sight glass was super dirty. i literally could not see that little metal piece in there. in the process of cleaning it i actually removed the metal ring. so is that thing a keeper for the sight glass or am i good to leave it out? i cant really get it back in all the way.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
i just got a new brake MC and the sight glass was super dirty. i literally could not see that little metal piece in there. in the process of cleaning it i actually removed the metal ring. so is that thing a keeper for the sight glass or am i good to leave it out? i cant really get it back in all the way.
My Master Cylinder sight glass was extremely yellowed, while attempting to clean it...it cracked all to H*ll. Carefully cleaned it with solvent, then filled sight glass opening with Epoxy.....let dry 48 hours.

:smiley_th

btw: Ensure tiny pin hole near brake line attaching point is clear and open.....otherwise your brake lever will not return enough to turn brake light switch off....just sayin'.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but does anyone know if the metal thing just behind the glass actually holds the glass in place? worst case scenario the glass falls out while i'm riding ........

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
but does anyone know if the metal thing just behind the glass actually holds the glass in place? worst case scenario the glass falls out while i'm riding ........
....sorry, I do not remember.

:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
They differ. There will be a rubber seal in there somewhere. I have had more than one sight glass crumble from sun exposure. Why don't they make these things out of actual glass? I did the same thing. Filled the holes with JB Weld.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts