Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
My brake light function normally. My tail light is not working. I replaced the bulbs. No joy. I checked the tail light fuse. The fuse tester lights up. What other things should I check?
Gotta agree with mmart. If the fuse checks out, then there's either corrosion, wrong bulbs, or shorts in both wires. Have you checked the pigtail connectors to make sure they're clean?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Oddly, the tail light fuse does not control the tail light. That labelling is just wrong (or applies only to non-US models?) Your tail light works straight off of the ignition switch, and shares a wire most of the way with the license plate light. Does that come on? The wire splits in the loom right before the plugs under the seat, for what that's worth. The brake light and tail light share a ground wire in the bulb, so you're looking at a power-side issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oddly, the tail light fuse does not control the tail light. That labelling is just wrong (or applies only to non-US models?) Your tail light works straight off of the ignition switch, and shares a wire most of the way with the license plate light. Does that come on? The wire splits in the loom right before the plugs under the seat, for what that's worth. The brake light and tail light share a ground wire in the bulb, so you're looking at a power-side issue.
Thanks for that information. If I knew it once I must have forgotten it. That helped me chase down a intermittent problem I have had for a while. I guess every so often I need to check all the connections under the seat. One of my turn signal connections was ready to fall apart also. Oddly I have never medded with those wires in the past. I need to remember to check the wire diagrams more often. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts