Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the bike had to replace. The r/r and it doesn't over charge anymore but I need some advice on what's up with the tailight. I took it apart and it melted he inside of it partly because it's a aftermarket skull light and he cut behind the clips and I don't what wires are what but both deployments were lit anyone know why? The turn signals work but the brake llight won't come out if you press the brakes. trying to get it working to ride it'll be warm sooner than later. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have you checked the fuse?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If the tail light is aftermarket, it would help to show a photo. there should be 3 wires for each bulb and 2 elements in each bulb.

are you sure the bulbs installed are dual filament bulbs?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Is the spring attached to the brake light switch under the brake pedal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah both springs and I the one is loose but it still works.sorry I'm on phone and everytime I try to add any pics it kicks me off the message I'll keep trying too send them tho

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if so i would recommend that you take it off place it ever so gently on the ground and run it over with a truck

reason being is that i just installed one of those for a friend of mine and it has no visibility at all and no one will see your tail light at night which could get you hurt

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Yeah both springs and I the one is loose but it still works.sorry I'm on phone and everytime I try to add any pics it kicks me off the message I'll keep trying too send them tho
The switch is adjustable to take up the slack in the spring .try taking the spring off the pedal side,leaving it on the spring side.pull on the spring and see if the taillight comes on.if you want to be able to post pics from your phone get the motorcycle.com app and install on your phone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's it but mine is black and two mini skulls for the turn signals, Its pretty melted because he drove the bike with both feliments on so who's how he rode with the brake light on constantly so I haven't rode it wanted to get it fixed first because I live central Illinois and people are blind for bike and I'm not trying to get rear ended because they didn't "see" the hand signal, but to all keeping with me here it invaluable information and as far as the little peg on the brake I manually moved it and it didn't deactivate the brake filament. I'm also in the process on getting the app so I can upload some pictures

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Might be a bad switch

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you adjust it and is the a way to check it and if you have both filaments on doesn't that mean that no one can tell if your braking, and I don't want to get pulled if a notices that it's broke I haven't taking the test to get full license honestly I don't think I can take it until it does work or else it won't pass inspection to take the test

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
adjustment is by screwing the switch up or now (the end is treaded).

to check for proper operation, just set the bike so that you can see the lights shining on it surface (white walls work great, mirror is even better if possible) and with ignition on, press the brake pedal. should get brighter as the 2nd filament lights. same test for front brake switch as well.

note: either switch out of adjustment can cause both filaments to light (not sure about front switch adjustment off the top of my pointy head)

2nd note: this all assumes that its properly wired to the wiring harness to start with

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
front switch has no adjustment but you should unplug it while checking the rear switch so you know for sure which is bad

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Until you fix it I would use hand signals

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
If you look it is threaded

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will try to adjust it tomorrow when I get out there and to unplug the front is it just that clip?. Another question my 2 of the coil wires not the Brown and one stator wire burnt the r/r clip. Any clue why I'm in the process of replacing the female ends. But luckily just blacked the end didn't melt through the clip if I can get a pic to upload I will

Thanks for all the help guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts