Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Still familiarizing myself with this bike. Noticed today that the brake light works fine for the rear brake petal, but for the front brake it doesn't activate. I can hear the switch "click" but no brake light. Where would be the starting point on looking into this?

Thanks in advance

Don

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Check and clean the 2 wires going into the switch at the handlebar (master cyl)...I need to jiggle mine around sometimes....you can clean the connections using a TV Tuner cleaner or similar....but thats usually the culprit...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks.

Don

Check and clean the 2 wires going into the switch at the handlebar (master cyl)...I need to jiggle mine around sometimes....you can clean the connections using a TV Tuner cleaner or similar....but thats usually the culprit...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, good news and bad news. I bypassed the switch and the brake light worked, so no major biggy. I opened the switch (which was badly corroded) to clean up the internal contacts. Well, just when I was about to reinstall the inerds the little pieces came falling out of the internal "bracket thingy". I really doubt that I'll get it back together sooner (if ever) than I can drive to the dealership and get a replacement for 27 bucks. So that's what I'll do :).

Don

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, went to install the new switch today. Turns out the idiots at the stealership gave me the wrong switch. It won't fit. This is starting to become a bad joke!

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts