Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Looks like the threaded end of my brake lever bolt (part#92001-1512) had partially sheared at some point. I went to check out why there was so much play in the lever and the threaded end came off in my hand. I have a standard M6 bolt and spacer washer doing the job currently, but I'm looking for a replacement. Ron Ayers has them for $5 w/$8 shipping. I wanted to see if anyone had one lying around before I jumped onto that. Any part out bikes out there that have one lying around?

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
a standard bolt from the hardware store should hold up just fine. No need to get the part specific bolt from the list. A bolt is a bolt, is a bolt. (with the exception maybe of the hardness of the bolt itself)

If you can find one, get a class 8 bolt as it will be stronger then the standard 20 cent bolts. However, I don't believe that it is necessary to get the super strong bolts for that pedal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it's for the handlebar lever, not the pedal. It seems to be a specific design where half has been machined down to an M6 bolt spec while the top half is a wider pin for movement of the lever.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured the bolt and spacer washer I used would work, however durability with the spacer washer was more if my concern since it would be experiencing most of the friction. I'll keep an eye on it. Meanwhile I'll look for a cheaper price or find one locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts