Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably a newbie question but why can't I see any fluid in my resevoir? I understand you probably have to tilt the handle bars level, but i don't see any fluid in there? Under what conditions should the fluid be above the min. level?

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Brand new brake fluid is clear and is difficult to see in the resevoir. You could always put it up on the center stand and take off the resevoir cap. You'll either find out it's full or be ready to add the fluid you need. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as for gettin it up on the center stand....I CAN'T do this..I always have to have someone help me. We stand on either side of the bike and basically roll it back onto it. By myself, sitting on the bike, I find it impossible to get enough momentum to get it on its center stand. Can anyone offer me advice on how they do it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The trick with getting the bike on the center stand is to stand on the left side of the bike, put your full weight on your right foot pushing the center stand down, and lift the rear of the bike (just under the passenger seat) with your right hand at the same time. You don't have to roll the bike doing it this way. With practice you should eventually find it pretty easy to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts