Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I'll put braided lines on; in a panic stop I'd rather have the front wheel harder to lock up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
kd...
Go for the SS lines if you can. I put them on LY. Got them from cyclebrakes.com. Galfer SS, along w/ Galfer Green pads. I switched out ~19000 mi, so in the 9000mi so far I am very happy. You can actually 'modulate' the brakes easier, I feel. And the feed back is never mushy from the lever. Since there is somewhat less effort required to get full braking effect, it does take some getting used to, but not a whole lot. I practice panic braking all the time, and you CAN lock up the front if you are not aware of what yo are doing. That is as much a function of the pads you have on also, as well as the lines...
Lastly, the Galfer setup is two lines coming from the MasterCyl, eliminating the 'split' under the horns, so it is a much cleaner look, IMHO...

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Would you still happen to have the part numbers ?

thanks
RB

·
Registered
200 Posts
RB...here are the part #s from www.cyclebrakes.com
The Galfer SS lines are FK003D24. They say for the 1500, but fit nicely. A little tight, but nice...
The Green Kevlar pads are pnFD062 G1532 'Greens'. These are Kevlar sportbike pads...should last ~12k or more on the Vulcan.
Cyclebrakes has a nice link to Galfer, which has lots of info on their pads & compositions. Next time, I think I'll go w/ the Black. They are ceramic etc and will last longer. The Greens WILL stop you, tho.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have made braided lines from Goodridge parts ("600-003" lines 2x 1.1m plus four "5092-03" connectors, plus one double-banjo-bolt) Front brakes became MUCH MORE effective. All I'm also wanting for, is 4-pistons callipers 8)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Galfer Braided SS Lines

I too have Galfer SS lines from Cyclebrakes.com. They are way better than stock and permit faster stops because you can modulate at the point of lockup far better than the stock mushy lines permit. They also look great, hqve master cyl bleed valve and with Teflon inside the braided steel they'll last forever if you change the brake fluid every now and then (I change it every year on my bikes and 2 yrs on my cars).

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
Can you expand on this process a bit for us? Like where you got the parts, parts you needed, line lengths, special tools etc? Was it difficult, etc..

Some of us are entertaining the idea of changing the handlebars, which of course may mean custome lenght lines, etc, so information like this will be very helpful.

Thanks
RB

SB Nord said:
I have made braided lines from Goodridge parts ("600-003" lines 2x 1.1m plus four "5092-03" connectors, plus one double-banjo-bolt) Front brakes became MUCH MORE effective. All I'm also wanting for, is 4-pistons callipers 8)

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Galfer makes a three line set (like stock) for our bike too, part number FK003D24-3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts