·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
77 Posts
So what exactly are these made of ?

They give you the "stainless steel look" - but they cut easily with a soldering iron, scissors etc

Maybe they are chrome plated plastic wire

Chrome has a superficial brilliance but isn't as good as stainless steel in the long run - I don't think these are going to last and they aren't the kind of thing you can have re-plated.

I suggest they are cheap because they are rubbish - wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

Simon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
They aren't actual lines. They are just covers to go over the lines you already have. Nothing more than a dress-up kit.

This is from the description....

You will love the way your ugly stock wires, hoses and cables look with CUSTOMIZED METALLIC CHROME BRAIDED SLEEVING !!

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Spend the extra $ and get actual stainless brake lines. You'll have to disconnect crap and bleed the system anyways - can't see doing that for little more than appearance.

You'll get better braking and better looks from a stainless steel brakeline upgrade - the kit ya posted will give ya little more than (likely temporary) better looks.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I put reall stainless lines on mine and besides looking better, the brake lever is much firmer as the lines do not expand like the rubber ones.

Strongly suggest to save up and spend the $ 85 for real stainless lines.

Jon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the info i was wanting to to know. Thank you guys for the insights. Think I'll save my money and get the SS braided lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts