Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Bracket for Signals Mounted on License Plate

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 · (Edited)
Got a message asking for pics of this bracket, so here they are, with a quickie sketch.

Material is 2" wide x 1/8" thick flat aluminum stock available at hardware stores, Lowe's, etc. Easy to bend and drill. Wanted to polish the bracket, but not yet.

Chrome license plate frame stiffens the plate and gives you two more bolt holes. $5 from ebay. Chrome bullets about $4-ebay, thousands to choose from. Signals with Running Lights were about $15-ebay, they are billet aluminum. Still much lower cost than $100 relocate brackets, if you can even find them.

It's a simple, shallow, U-shape. Make the bends so the bracket is hidden behind the frame.

Holes were positioned to center the light on the license plate. My sketch doesn't show the hole being at the top, which it needs to be if you want the lights centered. But you can mount them high or low, wherever you like.

The Q-Links at the bottom are tiedowns going to the D-rings on my saddlebags.

Corners on the bracket were rounded off, reducing sharp edges.

* This does require extending the wires, stock wires won't reach.

Will edit if anything is unclear, questions or suggestions for improvement welcome. Let's see yours.

See less See more
#3 ·
That was my question, too. Are the ropes to calm turn signal vibration or to reduce bouncing in the bags?

#5 ·
The bags came with D-rings on the lower four corners, for tiedowns. Just keeps them from swinging out, flapping around , or beating against the supports. Planned to get some leather instead of the cord, leather will shrink and stay tighter than the cord.

#6 ·
As to the bracket itself, hey its cheap, fun to make and works like a champ so good for you! It is serving its function.

#7 ·
Thank you for posting this.

#14 ·
You'd have a PERFECT picture of Bernadette's ass if you could read my mind cause I just watched her walk out of the kitchen. ;)

#15 ·
You'd have a PERFECT picture of Bernadette's ass if you could read my mind cause I just watched her walk out of the kitchen. ;)
Read your mind? There is so much talking going on in there at once that I could never single out just one conversation to listen to so I guess I will never get that perfect picture unless you bring her around some time and I see it for myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.