Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VN750 seems noisier than it should be, but heck it's hard to tell with all the general mechanical sounds of the bike (and the V&H exhaust). I occasionally hear inconsistant squeaks and I swear I have an odd tapping (sticky lifter?, they're hydrolic. I don't feel down on power so don't think one's collapsed)

Squeaking alone worries me due to 1 thing: bearings. Not too concerned, yet as if it goes boom I'll find a transplant.

This forum enjoys videos, and speculation. I offer both! >:)

Sorry about the orientation, I went for landscape but the phone thought otherwise.

Bonus R/R shot

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Enjoyed this vid :smiley_th

As I'm waiting on my V&H cruzers being delivered today :) all the parts for the ear shave should arrive next week (hopefully)

I see that you moved the R/R, was that prior to fitting the cruzers? I was going to leave mine in situ seeing as I'll be losing the GB.

Also like your voltage meter, definitely going to install one.

Couldn't hear any squeaking, sounds like my bike lol

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Think all I heard a rocker arm, early, just before you revved it. It went away after a few seconds. That's the highest pitched sound I heard. Can hear the same on my bike but have to use a stethoscope to hear it. Probably just a lifter being slack at low rpm.

The rest sounds like it might be mcct/acct.

·
1986 VN750
163 Posts
I liked the gratuitous R/R shot. i just got the same one in the mail yesterday!! Also I love the sound of the VH.. Jealous..

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The rest sounds like it might be mcct/acct.

I've re-adjusted them, so I don't think it's the chain. I'll probably just keep changing the oil and ride her til it goes poof and not worry about it too much.

Couldn't really get the video to show the squeak. /shrug

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
The pipes sound nice. As for the engine ticketyclatter, that's what every 750 I've heard sounds like, and a lot of other Vulcans that have the same ACCT and DOHC design. Seems like there was a little more noise at idle before you revved, maybe a slightly weak lifter or something. I think it's just how they are though. I didn't hear a squeak, but I wouldn't worry about the rest of it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
That's how mine sounds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts