Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after years of hating bikes ( I live in Daytona Beach) I said **** it. My aunt had a VN 750 and I bought it from her I needed a new vehicle and used trucks are through the roof right now. No insurance very low gas $ spent, and I've always loved dirt bikes. Had 3000 miles on it. Has seen the salt air def but it's in Great mechanical shape. I do see the draw in riding but I didn't realize it was near damn impossible to buy stuff for it. Took me days to find a luggage rack and it's not exactly what I wanted to begin with. It's scuffed up and has a sissy bar with it. Oh well.

I'm pretty short and dumped it on it's side trying too get outta grass where I parked it. It dislodged something into the carb, so I went about dismantling everything before I was like screw this. Open the drains on the bottom of the car and back sprayed carb cleaner and tighten the screws down let it sit and dissolve did that three times and it fixed the problem so success on that. Bought a chopper helmet, big mistake, went back n bought me a Bluetooth modular helmet I'm not really happy with but it's night n day better to not have 70 mph winds in your 馃槇... I absolutely love riding but I'm very on guard around everyone (vehicles). Pretty sure I need a new battery as it had sat and the sulfuric acid was low. But no biggie. Pretty much been a series of mistakes since I purchased it but I spend a lot of my time on here lurking, so I made the name and joined.. hopefully Ill aquire thee knowledge I seek and can share it back.

My two cents is someone can make a **** ton of $$ selling cargo racks, seats, crash bars, etc for our bikes! Am I wrong?

See y'all, Chris

Registered
Welcome to the machine!

Aftermarket parts were never a big thing for this bike, even harder to find now.

An AGM type battery is your absolute best bet for this bike, money well spent and no acid to deal with. AGM is different from gel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts