Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After staring the bike it stalled(still cold) I notice both turn signal indicator light were on as well as the oil light and nuetral light, but I when i hit the starter button nothing happened, i havent had this machine very long and still working the bugs out of it. I just seemed unusual to see both indicator lights on at the same time i double checked the hazard switch it was not on, I disconnected the battery and reconnected it with no change. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought too, but i cycled the hazzard switch a few time and left it in the off position, and the indicator lights were still on but still not flashing and no ability to engage the starter. so I jumppered the two large terminals at the solenoid and it turned over just fine but would not start.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Are they on when you have the blinker switch on? Are all 4 bulbs (front and back 2)?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Work the start button at the same time that you jump the soleniod. It should start up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the front two lights are on not the rears and niether the front or the indicators are flashing. The battery is fully charged and is very capable of turning the engine over. I wiggled some wires and tapped the JB and managed to get the lights to go off, started the engine and it quickly stalled the the problem reappeared. Thanks for everyones input on this matter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am actually having a similar issue although mine fires right up and runs both indicator lights are lit up on the dash,they do flash when the signal is on but stay lit evan after it is cancelled....im gonna work on it today but I am gonna guess that it is a bad or broken ground..I will definately post my findings and hopefully help you out

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like ad grounds. Check all ground connections and clean them. If this does not fix the problem, then you may need a junction box. I run into this from time to time on cars.
:doh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok will double check the grounds and maybe add a few major grounds to make sure, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want to thank everyone for your input, but I suffered a heart attack on 7-6-11 so it will be a few weeks before i get back to it I think

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I just want to thank everyone for your input, but I suffered a heart attack on 7-6-11 so it will be a few weeks before i get back to it I think
Hope you get back well soon. God Bless You

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sorry to hear about the heart attack. Hope you are up and at `em in the near future.:smiley_th

·
Registered
273 Posts
Get better. The bike can wait, your health can't!:smiley_th

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the well wishes it makes me feel better. I am actually doing better than i thought i would. i am up and around trying to remember i had a heart attack so good news there. My brother came over today and rattled my cage about it and we got to wiggling and tapping componants and seems to be related to the cdi module.Does anybody have one they would willing to part with I dont mind buying one from ebay but have a hard time trusting strangers with parts such as these.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts