Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all
I think its time to get me a new pair of riding boots, and was wondering if anyone has a particular favorite?

Or any brand I should stay away from etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I love my Bates boots. They are zippered for easy access and provide good support and have slip resistant soles. I didn't get the steel toe version but they are available. And I wear them all day at work walking around and they are quite comfortable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found some Wrangler harness boots at Wal Mart last summer, 30 bucks a pair. I bought a few at that price. They're great for riding too, as they have non skid oil resistant soles. Been over a year on the first pair and they're holding up great.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Corcoran zippered paratroopers for me. Been wearing the same pair for 5 years now ( and they don't get much love ). Super comfy IMHO and durable to boot (lol pun). I like them but they arent for everyone. Check your local surplus store and try some of their boots out. Most carry other boot than just combat boots. I even bought my pair of timberlands there (timberland pro endurance- also super comfy btw). Its all about what works for you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ariat cowboy boots that how i roll
Being from NYC I dont think I can pull of the cowboy thing :p

I love my Bates boots. They are zippered for easy access and provide good support and have slip resistant soles. I didn't get the steel toe version but they are available. And I wear them all day at work walking around and they are quite comfortable.
I like the look of the bates Tahoe how long have you had em and are they durable?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've only had mine about 4 months now. But they don't show much of any signs of wearing on the soles. The toes get scuffed pretty good from shifting and me just accidentally kicking stuff. So I coated the toes of mine with some Red Wing Toe Armor. It's holding up ok.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Nope. Boots are for safety. Ive seen what happens when you go down in tennis shoes...not pretty.

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Nope. Boots are for safety. Ive seen what happens when you go down in tennis shoes...not pretty.
;) I realize this of course. But as I posted before...each person has to make their own decisions on the level of safety they want for themselves. I ALWAYS wear a FF helmet, armored pants, jacket and gloves.

I could easily argue my choice of footwear is still a better compromise than the ones made by folks that wear boots .....but only wear 1/2 helmets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts