Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the two bolts that attach the meter assembly to the handle bars. If anyone has extras, that's be GREAT! I was driving today and I noticed the meters were shaking... so I stopped and looked.. both bolts were gone... ha!
thanks

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
IIRC, those bolts are the same width and pitch (8x1.25 iirc) as the bolts that hold the fuel tank (and assorted other stuff) on the bike. The bolts for the gauge cluster are only about a centimeter long. You'd probably be better off (time wise) pulling one of the bolts for the fuel tank, checking that I'm right, and going to the hardware store and picking up 2 bolts.

They of course won't be black... but ya could get chrome or stainless ones ;-)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I will do that tomorrow..

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
If I'm wrong... try one of the bolts from the ear brackets...

Really seems like they're a standard thread m8 or m6.... lemme know if I was just talking outta my ass...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I checked the diagram... here

and the bolt I need is not located anywhere else on the bike (reference # 185 in the diagram). I can't seem to figure out what size they are either...
I am gonna run to Tractor Supply tomorrow to get a M8 or M6. Hopefully I will find one that works....

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I have found that there is a method to their madness as far as part numbers (most of the time) so part # 185C0816, would most likely be an M8

In most cases the first two numbers after the main part numer are diameter and the last 2 are length

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet.. I will check it out after class this afternoon!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
I mentioned "for the most part" and here is an example
Part Number______Description___________Diameter/Length
92002-1137______ BOLT,6X25___________6/25
130C0610________Bolt, Flanged_________6/10
130J0612________Bolt, Flanged__________6/12
224C0630________SCREW-PAN-WP-CROS_6/30
92009-1264______ SCREW,TAPPING,5X16__5/16

Do you see the pattern?
If it is a general type bolt the diameter and length are in the part number. If it is a Kawasaki part number the diameter and length are specified in the description.
So far it has worked great for finding replacement bolts/screws ate the hardware store

1 - 8 of 8 Posts