Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to post some more bolt torque specs? There are a few in the Verses, but I can't find some that I know I need for my project.

Left side damper gear bolt (51 lbs maybe)?

Rotor (flywheel) bolt

Rear axle nut

Front axle nut

The .pdf manual only has a generic chart that goes by thread size and has a wide range each single size.

Maybe we could gather some together and get them amended into the Verses?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Anyone want to post some more bolt torque specs? There are a few in the Verses, but I can't find some that I know I need for my project.

Left side damper gear bolt (51 lbs maybe)?...............yes 51 ft lb

Rotor (flywheel) bolt...............92 ft lb
Rear axle nut...............80 ft lb
Front axle nut..........43 ft lb
The .pdf manual only has a generic chart that goes by thread size and has a wide range each single size.

All found in Clymers manual.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Don't know if this is exactly what you're lookin for, but maybe it will be of some help... As it states this is a guide to Max. torques and varies a bit due to lubrications... Also it is in inch pounds, but can be converted to foot pounds when needed, by dividing by 12, or by clicking on and using the torque conversion calculator in the upper right...
http://www.engineersedge.com/torque_table_sae.htm
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
...just to mention

When turning wrench's on Damper/Balance Gear, check for the "Cir-Clip" on your Shifter Shaft....
(should your shaft be sliding horizontally in & out of Casing)...
It is a 13mm Cir-Clip.

:smiley_th +1

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timothy, Timothy, where on Earth did you go?

Circlip - 10-4..on my way to the shop right now to pick up the seal for the shifter. In stock, $6, fits a lot of different Kawi bikes from 80-400-650-750cc-...?

Where oh where is Tim? Haven't heard a thing since Wednesday when he was going to email an update. I hope he wasn't eaten by a Brazilian soccer team.

Gives me time to finish the coasters and polish the stator cover, but the wait is killing me.

I looked everywhere for some 1/4" aluminum for coasters. Finally walked into a shop that builds alum. semi/dump truck beds, showed the man the part I was replacing, he took the factory part, then came back out with two pieces of really nice alloy cut to size on two edges and free of charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Left side damper gear bolt (51 lbs maybe)?

Rotor (flywheel) bolt

Rear axle nut

Front axle nut

What is the torque on the flywheel?

·
Super Moderator
12,252 Posts
Is it here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts