Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I started up my bike for work and everythin was working then just fine. Then 5 miles away from my work the bike was bogging when i gave it a little throttle but when i gave it more throttle it was responsive. It seems like it is not getting enough fuel or something when i give it a little gas. I have to use more throttle then i need to move the bike. What can be causing this problem?

P.S. And Yes there is gas in the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
This morning I started up my bike for work and everythin was working then just fine. Then 5 miles away from my work the bike was bogging when i gave it a little throttle but when i gave it more throttle it was responsive. It seems like it is not getting enough fuel or something when i give it a little gas. I have to use more throttle then i need to move the bike. What can be causing this problem?

P.S. And Yes there is gas in the bike.
Check your vacuum hoses to your carbs; also check that your vent hose going to the right air filter housing is not jammed up against the housing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after some disscussion with a couple of coworkers. I have found out that the engine is staying flooded. What is wrong with the carbs? There is no gas leak and I can smell gas while i am riding? What would cause the carbs to overflow the engine with gas?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have you tried to Seafoam. It is the nectar of the Gods. You might have some crud keeping your floats open. Try the seafoam and see what happens.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I get mine from Napa. There are many ways people have descused using it. Some pour it in the tank. Run the engine for 5 to 10 minutes. Shut it down and let it set for a couple of days and drain the carbs. What I do is put about a 1/4 of the bottle in at ever fill up. I noticed a difference about the third one 1/4. I'll pour the last of the bottle in on the forth refill and if I notice decreased performance I will do it all over again.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Knock on wood, I've never had any performance problem with this bike in nearly 1.5 years, but that could be because I routinely add about 3-4 oz of seafoam to a full tank of gas about once a month as preventive maintenance. I've got every other biker I know using the stuff. I should buy stock in their company!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Also do the okie flush..

After having the seafoam treatment, go down the highway (at highway speed) and turn of the gas at the petcock and keep going until your bike dies out but still has plenty of forward momentum. then turn on the gas at the petcock and the bike will fire back up.

The theory is a big rush of gas over the float needles will wash off some crud.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I get mine at the one stop shopping place. Wally world (walmart). Seafoam, Shell rotella, Spray paint, headlamps, they even started to carry some motorcycle gear!! Helmets, goggles, gloves!! Not to mention the fishing and camping gear! Okay now I'm skeering myself!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts