Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue on my 06 vulcan where my bike is getting up to about 4500 RPM - 5000 RPM and it starts to bog down and putter. It happens around 50-60 mph and once I get past that it seems to ride fine. I am just curious if you guys think this might be an air/fuel mixture or something else.

Bike rides great in all other RPMs except 4500-5000.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
most common cause of this issue (especially after ear shave) is a miss placed carb vent hose. it must be out of "turbulent" air. a good place is under the fuel tank on the top of the frame rail, or connected to the nipple on the cover for the fuel gauge sender

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my dad helped me with the ear shave and we originally had the hose on the front of the engine plugged, then realized that it was a vent hose so we took the plug out so now it is wide open. He mentioned that we need to get a little breather for it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
the port you're talking about on the front of the engine is the crankcase breather. do keep it open with a breather filter on it, but the vent hose we're talking about, the one that causes bogging at speed, comes out from between the two carbs. that one needs to be placed somewhere that there's no wind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts