Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobber project cheap !...this bike, after strippin it, screams fer it !...single wishbone frame and belt drive too....tank and all electrics included.
I'll let the whole shootin match go fer $300 or less (the total of parts on Ebay come to around $500, but I cant do Ebay)....local pickup only.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
What is it Wolfie?
Front wheel and forks look like our vn750. Also the rear shocks and sidestand mounting boss, so I guess it to be a Kawi maybe?
But what model? and what displacement?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna yank the engine (3 bolts), and cut off all the extra tabs fer the junk. The rear axle can come up about 5 ", then ya just extend the same line of the frame down to the swingarm. Instant rigid. Add a sissy/strut setup then to hold the rear fender, and its almost done. Lowering will increase the rake some too.
Besides the frame, engine and drive, its almost the same as ours. Has a 3gal tank with same gas cap and the controls, M/C, and dash are same, except the EN had a mech drive tach. Fork tubes are smaller diameter, but could be a direct swap if you used the whole triple tree...the neck is the same.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Exactly the same length as ours...all dimensions same, besides tube diameter.
And if I had an extra $100-125...Id jump on this....

HTML:
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/3320199950.html
I'd have a full bobber done, and have parts to spare !

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike before stripping Hoss...diggin that bobbed rear fender !!!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There ya go...and thats basically the same seat Im gonna put on my VN. My buddy sells fancier ones similar for $50. Makes em at home. Diggin that rear fender !!
That bike needs whitewalls now though !

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I agree... but he isn't any where complete.... im fallowing its build over on Chop-Cult a great place to see some awesome builds no matter what you ride. and a great place for part swapping info

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bunch of the local shops here and fabrocators post there...been there a number of times...:smiley_th

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
I would totally try to redesign it into a naked sportbike. Just adjust the geometry a bit with shorter forks and longer/redesigned shocks. Too bad you're 3000 miles away...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually Dave, if you got a KZ750 rolling chasis, dropped the VN motor into it, you'd be almost there. I saw a nice cafe racer made outta one, and really, all they are, are stripped down sportbikes.

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Yeah, but I wouldn't go with that "cafe" look of the flat seat and a half-dome tail. I'd rather fab a sleeker look out of some thin steel or aluminum. Once I have a little more disposable income, I think I'll try something like that. I think a project like that would be great fun.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, a DA fer sure, lol...and ya best believe Im gonna try to make it work on mine ! But in the 70s, we called em "bobbed" before "bobbers" even existed...I think after a womans "bobbed" hairdo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts