Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip from Fayetteville Arkansas. Beautiful ride. They say there were over 400,000 bikes there. I only say two other VN750s. It was my longest ride at 680 miles for the weekend, but thinking I'd be more comfortable on a bigger bike. My 87 may be for sale soon...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Was it fun?

I know what you mean about the ride. My longest stretch so far has only been about 180. But I have to stop about every 60 - 75 miles; my rear end starts hurting, my legs need to stretch, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a blast. The Ozarks were built to ride a bike on. Riding around Eureka Springs was the highlight of the trip for me. Seeing all of the bikes on ****son Street was cool, but the music was a disappointment.

I wasn't really all that uncomfortable. I am only 5'7" 160 pounds, and the knifemaker floorboards are definitely worth the purchase. My issue is that the VN revs at about 5,000 when doing 70-75 as opposed to 2,500 - 3,000 that the other bikes I was riding with cruise at. Also, in Oklahoma it can be a bit windy and I feel that the lighter weight of the 750 makes the front end a little unstable at cruising speed when it is windy. Thinking of upgrading to a Mean Streak or VTX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts