Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today coming home from about a 150 mi. fairly twistie ride, stopped and filled up with gas at my sons store and headed out the 8+ mi home...
Well I was doin about 65 or so (WAG Sys.) when I met this cream color Dodge car, didn't notice till I we were ready to pass, County Sheriff, I watched a bit to see if he turned around but didn't think he did, wrong, about 3-4 mi. on and blue lights...
I pull over and he was in behind me... Him-you were movin a long pretty good back there, didn't think I was goin to catch up, you need to slow up a bit... Me-I would have had I seen you sooner...lol... Anyway he was very nice didn't check my license, Ins. or anything, just ask for me to slow up a bit...
Boy how lucky can you get...??? 65+ in a 45, Thanks young nice Deputy...
(Sometimes it pays to be an old dog...lol...)
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't your stunning good looks? :wow: :beerchug:

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Hmmm... I wonder if there are openings for him at the NM State Police... :):)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Maybe he didn't have his radar on, but knew you were going too fast.
But, I'd stick with the 'good charm' and 'charisma' story. :)

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Lucky Dog

He probably got out of it by giving that sheriff a couple of pointers on how to make car of his breathe a little better, some suspension suggestions and what to do when it makes this noise or that!

·
Super Moderator
11,858 Posts
Right now and going back 5 years...I have had 4 "perfomance awards" issued by local authorities, but have had 6 "warnings"...so in some way I feel I am ahead somehow....LOL.

This last saturday I got tagged by the State Patrol doing 85 in a 70. I was following behind a 'vette , who of course was doing the same. The cop however pulled me over...:doh:

But after running my licence and seeing how many tickets I have collected he instead was nice enough to let me off with a brief lecture on "accumilated points" and a suggestion to keep myself traveling at the speed limit.

:smiley_th

KM

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Don't you love it when Johnny Law has you by the shorties and lets you off? I've been pulled twice on my Ninja 250 and let off both times. THe last time, he pulled me because it "Sounded like you were doing 100MPH!" as the cop put it. Thanks to a loud aftermarket pipe. He thought my bike was a big sport bike (600cc or better). He got a kick out of a 250 sounding so big and loud.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I got pinched in a speed trap back in November. Was on my way to the office, and my hands were starting to get pretty cold. I didn't see what was going on down the street until it was too late. One cop tags you with the radar in an unmarked, then radios to the next two guys waiting a block or two down the street. Guess the city of Madison was short on money that week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts