Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my bike after work tonight... turned the key and NOTHING. I played with the key hoping it just didn't connect, nothing... no lights, no power at all.... luckily I had a volt meter on me and checked and found I had 12+ volts at the battery. I did some reasoning and checked my fuses and found a blown main... luckily I had a spare.

Now I want to find the cause...

I don't have the right side cover on it because I stepped on it and broke one of the tabs... it rained tonight... is it possible the rain hit something normally covered by the side cover and shorted my system?

Also about 2 days ago when I left work I realized my tach and speedo lights not working... the neutral light and other lights on the panel work... just no tech, speedo or fuel gauge lights... could this be related?

Thanks in advance
Chris

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I saw that before... but seeing as it didn't blow right away got me home... I am thinking the rain plated a part... I'm just curious....

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
The tach lights, all the 'on' lights is probably the 10a fuse just above the main on the left. Was on mine. From memory. The info was on a sticker inside the cover. On mine.

If you have a test light you can check all the fuses in 30sec. You know that , right.

·
2,527 Posts
Check your wiring where it wraps around the neck and goes into the headlight bucket. That's a common area where wires rub. I had the same thing happen, ran fine and parked it, when I came out it was dead.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... I have a short somewhere..

I'm thinking near the headlight as you suggested Shark because my tail light fuse which also is used for the instrument panel was blown... I got pulled over leaving the bar at 3am last night because my tail light was out.. thankfully it was a cool cop who I was very honest with. He knew I wasn't drunk, buy he still didn't want me driving the bike with no tail light do he let me park the bike and get a ride. When I got the bike home this morning I checked the fuses and it was blown..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts