Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
took it out for a short spin today. the bike ran great! I think I'm past the worst of the mechanical issues... but i did discover another issue:doh: not a huge issue just annoying...i had the front blinkers off this whole time, because the rubber stems are broken. i epoxied them together today so i could go riding, and when i put them on i realized there was an issue.. they don't blink! the rear blinkers work perfectly.... l/h r/h and hazards... but the front blinkers don't work at all ... the front l/h blinker lights up solid, when i turn the key on. but doesn't flash no matter what i try.... the relay seems to work fine because the rear works perfect.. they hyper flash from front blinkers being bad but they work... so my questions are .... are the front blinkers supposed to stay lit when the bike is on, as a type of running light? also i hate troubleshooting wires. would it hurt anything if i just splice into the rear lights and run a few new lines straight from the rear blinkers to the front?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
The front signals do have running lights.

Shouldn't hurt anything to rewire the front to the rear. But you might check the wiring in the headlight bucket, check grounds, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Im a moron... it was the blinkers themselves...after pulling the harness and checking everything,
I checked the blinkers again... sure enough just bad assemblies 🤦‍♂️ Lol so new blinkers are in the mail. The Bike is running much better and quieter with the MCCT mod. The exhaust on the rear cyl sounds......”different” lol. but it could just be because it’s a lot shorter pipe ? Idk... I’ve played with the jetting, in a bunch of different arrangements. and it still sounds the same except with some popping when I had it tuned leaner so idk. https://youtu.be/r8-CtODuCtg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice from everyone... I Took my bike for a 15-20 mile loop this morning and it ran great! No issues, other than a little decel pop from the rear cyl. But I can live with that. I’m still running the larger jets, so I’m just chocking it up to having the shorter pipe..if anything it’s probably a little rich... either way I’m just glad to be back in the saddle of vn750😊 so thanks guys I’ll post some pics soon

81 - 85 of 85 Posts