Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my 2 kids broke my left front blinker - from the pics, is it salvageable with super glue/tape until I can order a replacement? Are these hard to install with wire splicing, or something simpler like a plug and play? I was thinking about replacing all 4 soon, so now may be a good time if it's not mechanically challenging. Any replies are appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Glue isn't going to touch that. Making a splint with a couple rods (nails, wooden dowls, etc) and some heavy duty tape should hold for a good while though.
The wires have bullet connectors, so they're easy to swap out.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I broke one recently and I made a temp fix with a metal pin and gorilla tape. But that really only kept it from flapping until my replacements came. The housing just has to be twisted vertically and it’ll come out. The wires should have bullet connectors so you shouldn’t have to splice anything

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmart where did you get your replacement? i'm on ebay looking around, but can't tell if they have the bullet connectors or not

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
mmart where did you get your replacement? i'm on ebay looking around, but can't tell if they have the bullet connectors or not
I got my replacements from Partzilla.com, not the cheapest option out there but they’re OEM and that’s what I was looking for. The bullet connectors should be on the wiring that’s on the bike, the signal should have the male end and the bike wiring is the female end.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Isn't there a thread here where a ball point pen is used to 'splint' the housing?

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Is this the same one you got? That end of the cable look correct?
Front signal needs three wires.

We posted at the same time, so I'll put this here also - Isn't there a thread here where a ball point pen is used to 'splint' the housing?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
There’s 2 part numbers one for front and one for the rear. But yes that is the one I just replaced.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, I will be getting them from there! I found both part items Front # 23037-1214 Rear # 23037-1220

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My next obvious question. Where do the connectors "connect". Below the seat? Under the headlight? How much do I need to take apart?

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
My next obvious question. Where do the connectors "connect". Below the seat? Under the headlight? How much do I need to take apart?
Inside the headlight housing.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Is it just the one screw to remove the cover, or all 3? See pics. Looking at it from the front, Two on the left side, one on the right
All three if I recall. The one holds the trim ring to the shell, then the other two hold the reflector in the shell.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So is it the actual bulb I turn to the 2 o'clock position for removal? Trying to figure this out. Thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Is it just the one screw to remove the cover, or all 3? See pics. Looking at it from the front, Two on the left side, one on the right
All three if I recall. The one holds the trim ring, then the other two hold the reflector in the shell.
Thought it was just the two to loosen the bucket and the 3rd (more forward pointing) is to adjust the lamp angle. There’s a spring and small plastic piece behind that. Nothing major just warning you so it doesn’t pop out on you. I made that mistake and it took me 15min to find that “thing” I dropped. I had no idea what I was looking for until I found it lol.

Here’s a pic when I upgraded my headlight bulb

1 - 20 of 27 Posts